EX10 (1xCR123A) and D10 (1xAA) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compared to the Fenix L1D or P2D, this is a bit more complicated but relatively speaking it's not that bad when you compared to and NDI or Liteflux.

Actually the NDI's UI is a lot simpler (and has a forward clicky :poke:). And it's easier to acess max on the LF5XT.

The UI is pretty disappointing to me too. I'd love it if only you could acess max at any time with a press-hold, like on the LF5XT.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between clicking reply and submitting the reply the whole situation has changed...

Well, I hope it isn't the real UI. 4sevens? carrot?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
This will be the most complicated thing I have ever used. The output ramping is something I want to try out. I think I can handle it but so far my most complicated UI is the A2 or H30!

That said I don't think it will knock my Milky E1L Outdoorsman out of my pocket for usual EDC. It's runtime is 2 hours on a primary with a VIP 500 driver and it's got a reflector instead of optic, single speed.
If I think that I will need a nice low level or a super long runtime this will be my first choice. So I guess it has knocked one light of of it's way, my LM31 that used to be my low level long run EDC.

It's good to have a lot of choices.
OH I took too long to post! The UI post info may be BS! Now we have some sorting out to do.

My interest grows even more!

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
The UI will be simpler than HDS. As always there will be naysayers but I am certain those who take the time to fiddle for a few minutes will understand the brilliance of the design.

I must have missed the UI information "leak". Oh well. :shrug:

Centropolis

Enlightened
The UI will be simpler than HDS. As always there will be naysayers but I am certain those who take the time to fiddle for a few minutes will understand the brilliance of the design.

I have it saved but I don't want to post it up again because it may be wrong info. I may get in trouble for posting up something that the admin has taken down....

mchlwise

Enlightened

I copied and pasted a lot of it in post 8 above - before it was taken down.

:shrug:

edit: Carrot's not confirming it's accurate... but he's not DENYING either. :tinfoil:

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did the fiction of the UI that is still showing in post #8 come from?
I know we are all having fun guessing what these lights are all about, but some people actually take this seriously. Until it comes from 4Sevens, I won't believe a word of it.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Where did the fiction of the UI that is still showing in post #8 come from?
I know we are all having fun guessing what these lights are all about, but some people actually take this seriously. Until it comes from 4Sevens, I won't believe a word of it.

it came from a 'Unenlightened' member in Part 1 of this post. But it is now taken down by admin.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UI SOUNDS a little complicated to read it, but it will be easier to use than Fenix or NDI. I am always wary of lending a digital Fenix to anyone because they always end up changing modes and strobing themselves or me. This UI will not change if you click off then back on - unlike most sequential mode lights. THe UI here is very similar to the Gladius with the tailcap turning of the Gladius replaced with clicks.

From OFF:
Click, Click, Click... On directly to low.
Click, Click, Click-hold... On directly to high.
Click once... last level used (which is NOT programmed by a wait period!!!!!! Awesome!!!)

From ON:
Click, click... Min brightness
Click, click-hold... Max brightness
Press-hold... Ramping (reversing just like the excellent Gladius UI!)
Click once... off

For Momentary, loosen the bezel.

Is that simple enough?

Don't be fooled by the seemingly complicated instructions.
Compared to the Fenix L1D or P2D, this is a bit more complicated but relatively speaking it's not that bad when you compared to and NDI or Liteflux.

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
The UI SOUNDS a little complicated to read it, but it will be easier to use than Fenix or NDI. I am always wary of lending a digital Fenix to anyone because they always end up changing modes and strobing themselves or me. This UI will not change if you click off then back on - unlike most sequential mode lights. THe UI here is very similar to the Gladius with the tailcap turning of the Gladius replaced with triple clicks.

From OFF:
Click, Click, Click... On directly to low.
Click, Click, Click-hold... On directly to high.
Click once... last level used (which is NOT programmed by a wait period!!!!!! Awesome!!!)

From ON:
Click, click... Min brightness
Click, click-hold... Max brightness
Press-hold... Ramping (revesring just like the excellent Gladius UI!)
Click once... off

For Momentary, loosen the bezel.

Is that simple enough?

Don't be fooled by the seemingly complicated instructions.

This UI information have not been confirmed yet. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that IS the UI.

carrot

Flashaholic
What was that sound piece of advice?

When in doubt, deny everything?

Some people have a little too much spare time on their hands...

All I see is what I see from mchlwise's post where he quotes some user I've never heard of and you have to wonder how credible such a person might be.

If I don't confirm or deny anything then there is no new information, correct?

So many details are a mystery. If one were to attempt to piece together all the bits of correct information, to which extent I will not comment on at this point late in the game (besides the usual mumbo jumbo to clarify the officially announced features), one would have a nice list of features but not so much a clear understanding of details.

By the way it is more fun to be cryptic than straightforward and concise. I should post like this more often.

Last edited:

merlocka

Enlightened
I'm happy with that UI (whether it's the real one or not). It seems like a simplified NovaTac UI... not quite as flexible, but what I'm reading, just as usable if not moreso.

Looks like another light that will make me not need any new lights :)

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
I'm happy with that UI. It seems like a simplified NovaTac UI... not quite as flexible, but what I'm reading, just as usable if not moreso.

Looks like another light that will make me not need any new lights :)

But from Carrot's 'voice', it doesn't sound like that's the UI. Oh well, it's only a FULL WEEK's away from the release. Can't wait any longer! :hairpull:

Status
Not open for further replies.