EX10 (1xCR123A) and D10 (1xAA) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlocka

Enlightened
Hoping that there has been some effort on the beam shape, would love to see a bit more of a flood (or more of a SSC-like dispersion) than many of the current small AA/CR123 lights.

foxracer72

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:pre ordered the ex10, i was going to get the zebra light for my big 6 day hike in Yosemite so i decided why not, as for the UI im not worried i play alot of playstation and its always confusing the first time you get a new game to get the hang of it, then its like butta.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
wow that does sound complicated, but i cant judge this light yet untill it comes out. until then.. HMMMMMMMM

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like I misspoke on my graph, That was my best RCR vs my worst 14500 and I only have 11 not 13 AW RCRs. Here is a complete graph. Including one very poor RCR, AW Cells are numbered in order of purchase ranging from late 06 for the first few to just a few months ago for the last few. The 14500 cells are both from early 07. I am sure they have also improved.

30rqhvn.gif

Considering the average cap of the cells I think backs up my 50% statement.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of whether the "fake" UI information is... well... fake or not (BTW, i think there was another flashlight somewhere around here using a similar one, besides Gladius), i REALLY don't get people who claim THAT'S complicated. It's anything but.

I'm guessing it's the same kind of people who have "12:00" blinking on all their domestic appliances. How they deal with using a computer and posting on forums eludes me (kidding, of course ;)).

So many details are a mystery.

I bet it's going to have a plutonium-powered emergency backup cell, a flux capacitor and an accelerometer-based UI :D

carrot

Flashaholic
A lot of my domestic appliances have 12:00 blinking on them. Except this one Sony VCR I had, it has a knob that you spin to set the time and do all sorts of neat tricks. That was cool.

You'd laugh at how long it took me to figure out this one microwave... you had to like enter the times in reverse polish notation.

mighty82

Enlightened
Hoping that there has been some effort on the beam shape, would love to see a bit more of a flood (or more of a SSC-like dispersion) than many of the current small AA/CR123 lights.
The beam from the LF5XT is extremely good :thumbsup:. It has a narrower hotspot and a narrower spill than my L1D or any other edc light I have, but it still lights up so much more than every other light I have because of the extremely bright spill surrounding the hotspot.

The "spill" is not only spill. The reflector actually adds to the spill too, not only the hotspot like with a normal reflector. It's the perfect beam. I hope this is similar. Not the old fenix'ish beam. :duh2:

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
With all the hoopla surrounding this light prior to it's release, I think we should name it the iFlashlight :wave:

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I swear, the next time I meet an older Sanyo microwave again I'm just going to try shouting at it until it works.

I get the same feeling each time the power goes out and i have to reprogram the phone / answering machine. It's an old non-DECT Panasonic affair with a two digit LCD, useless voice prompts (that usually tell you what happens AFTER the fact) and the most counter-intuitive numeric keypad interface imaginable.

In the end, i've resorted to making a check-list and just sticking it near the phone instead of memorizing the instructions.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just in case someone was wondering, this is where beeboy02 got his info from (and came from):

http://www.thaicpf.com/webboard/index.php?topic=472

Apparently, there's much more leakage in Thailand :D

(don't ask me what it says, i have no idea - i just dug around until i found this)
(Edit: Just to stress it one more time - the information from thaicpf was posted here AND TAKEN DOWN as unconfirmed!)

Last edited:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
the way something Sounds and the way something Is, is completely diffrent, i've never messed with a fenix's UI until i just decided to buy it and now fliping thru the levels are easy, sounded hard are first, but turned out to be very easy

samething with the way post number 8 described the UI, sounds difficult, but sooner or later it'll become second nature, i'd rather have a bezel ring.

momonbubu

Newly Enlightened
Just received new litflux lf5xt but this light is very very tempting. D'oh, here goes my weekly lunch budget again. ............... (ok ok i'll take lunch from home now wify)

Status
Not open for further replies.