Fenix 2014 catalog - new products

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the look of those. The BC30 appears quite similar to the Lupine Piko, but lets you change the cells. Good call by Fenix.

I reckon it will give the lupine a run for it's money at a fraction of the price. Imagine putting 4 of these bad boys on your handlebars at one time!

markr6

Flashaholic
I can't open the catalog. Can someone give me any info or photo for the E12?

Trevilux

Enlightened

RiqP6Nl.jpg

Swede74

Enlightened

I had the same problem. A solution that worked for me was to right-click on the link, select "save link as" and save the catalogue as a PDF file to my desktop, then open it with Foxit reader. Thanks KJ2 for the great find, by the way :)

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Works fine for me to open the catalog. Have you tried another browser than the one you use now? The catalog loads slowly(at least for me) so it might open eventually for you even though it takes a while before the download is complete.

markr6

Flashaholic
Thanks for the pic, and I'll try saving it first.

That E12 is interesting with 3 modes, but I don't like forward clickies with mode selection - if I'm reading that correctly. I always liked the momentary feature on the E11.

Swede74

Enlightened
The catalog loads slowly(at least for me) so it might open eventually for you even though it takes a while before the download is complete.
Same here, it was a slow (but not very large) download. About 25 Mb.

tonkem

Enlightened
Yes like the Piko in output, but not in Size. I am sure the price will be the factor that will sway most to the Fenix, not the size. I do like the idea of being able to change batteries and using 18650 or CR123 batteries. Lupine is significantly more expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for :)

Like the look of those. The BC30 appears quite similar to the Lupine Piko, but lets you change the cells. Good call by Fenix.

kj2

Flashaholic
Yes like the Piko in output, but not in Size. I am sure the price will be the factor that will sway most to the Fenix, not the size. I do like the idea of being able to change batteries and using 18650 or CR123 batteries. Lupine is significantly more expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for :)
The BT20 sells around €/$95, so the new BTR20 should be around the same price. Although I read in the catalog the BTR20 comes with his own Fenix BA2B battery-pack, so price can be higher because of that. But the BC30 shouldn't be more than €/$150.

tonkem

Enlightened
The BT20 sells around €/$95, so the new BTR20 should be around the same price. Although I read in the catalog the BTR20 comes with his own Fenix BA2B battery-pack, so price can be higher because of that. But the BC30 shouldn't be more than €/$150.

I would think the BC30 would compare closer to the Piko in output, not the BT20 or BTR20.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pic, and I'll try saving it first.

That E12 is interesting with 3 modes, but I don't like forward clickies with mode selection - if I'm reading that correctly. I always liked the momentary feature on the E11.
It's not a mechanical forward clicky - it is an electronic hybrid switch like on the TK09 aka new TK12. From off you have the momentary on and from On you change modes as if it were a reverse clicky. I really hope they start introducing this switch to the next LD and PD lights.

Looks like the e12 might tailstand now too.
You are probably right becaue the TK09 does tailstand and it has the same type of switch.

kj2

Flashaholic
What is the price of the BC30? I see you would have to purchase the Ba2b battery pack to use the other models like the BTR20 or BT20...
I've no idea what the price is, only I would like to see it around €150 or lower.
The BTR20 uses that battery-pack. The BT20 runs on 18650"s or CR123"s.

markr6

Flashaholic
It's not a mechanical forward clicky - it is an electronic hybrid switch like on the TK09 aka new TK12. From off you have the momentary on and from On you change modes as if it were a reverse clicky. I really hope they start introducing this switch to the next LD and PD lights.

You are probably right becaue the TK09 does tailstand and it has the same type of switch.

Very nice! I think I will try this one out even though I don't buy cool whites anymore. Sounds like a great light.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Regarding the BC30, if i understood it correctly then this light does not need a spare battery pack-one inserts the cells in the light it self? I can´t find any info about how many 18650 cells it can take? The text say that the light has remote Turbo activation-what could it mean?:thinking:

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened

This would be a great feature that could set new Fenix flashlights apart from others. They could use the side switches on lights like the E35, and the electronic hybrid tail switches on LD and PD series flashlights. The PD32 would be even better with the ability to tailstand. Doing away with the second mode switch and incorporating it into the new tail switch would be a welcome change.