Fenix 2014 catalog - new products

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have talked too soon - I checked the catalog again and I realized for the TK09 it says "Tactical tap switch" while for the E12 it says "Tail tap switch" and not tactical. I just hope "Tail tap switch" is not a fancy marketing name for a simple reverse clicky!

Last edited:

holeymoley

Newly Enlightened
Will somebody PLEASE upload this catalog to Mega. I am getting 26min for a 28MB file.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
I may have talked too soon - I checked the catalog again and I realized for the TK09 it says "Tactical tap switch" while for the E12 it says "Tail tap switch" and not tactical. I just hope "Tail tap switch" is not a fancy marketing name for a simple reverse clicky!
On a simple light like the E12, I would prefer a reverse clicky that can tailstand over a forward clicky that cannot tailstand. That would be especially true if the reverse clicky isn't too noisy. I would really prefer the tactical forward clicky they put on the TK12, which would be the best of both the forward and reverse clicky.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
As a commuter cyclist, the BC30 looks terrific. I currently use a PD32 on my handlebar and an E35 on my helmet. The two light combo works well, but I always like to try newer and better lighting solutions. If the BC30 has a good quick release mount, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the BC30 has a good quick release mount, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

From the picture it looks quite good. Looks like a lever to unlock and slide back. Would make a handy light for the pocket too I imagine. I wonder if it uses a neutral LED though? It looks like the BT's are all neutrals now.

Glad the E12 and E15 still look like they've retained the TIR optics but only XP-E? Why not XP-E2 I wonder?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the picture it looks quite good. Looks like a lever to unlock and slide back. Would make a handy light for the pocket too I imagine. I wonder if it uses a neutral LED though? It looks like the BT's are all neutrals now.

Glad the E12 and E15 still look like they've retained the TIR optics but only XP-E? Why not XP-E2 I wonder?

Maybe cos the E12already has a new UI: update one feature today, another in 6 to 12 months and you sell more cos people want to keep upgrading.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

holeymoley

Newly Enlightened
Are there release dates for these?> I don't want to buy another E05 until I try the E12.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh well. Disappointed again. My Quark has nothing to fear.

No sub lumen models and they still can't tail stand, except of course for the TK12, which doesn't have any business tail standing.

Maybe next year.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this sucks! I can't get the catalogue to load no matter what I try. Just has the darn swirly icon go on for a few minutes and then says server may be too busy.

Anyway, from what I've seen on this thread the E12 and BC30 look pretty good. Fenix will definately be getting some of my money this year.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm uploading the catalog to Scribd - it should be available in about ten minutes.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's cool that the TK61 will be TK75 extender compatible.

Am I the only one kind of jaded by the "burst" mode being a thing on all lights now? Even the "upgrade" model to the E25 seemingly has a lower high mode and a burst mode as the highest mode. I'd much rather have 187 lumens with no step down after 3 minutes or whatever. I think burst is cool on some of the really small lights and maybe some of the really big lights if it allows a HUGE jump in lumens, but not for a mid range light. I've had the original 187 E25 next to a 258 lumen TK11 and there is not that much difference outdoors in brightness. Granted the E25 probably has a slightly tighter beam but still.

I hate that so many companies are playing the lumen game hardcore and not in a good way. Find a balance in brightness that doesn't compromise sensible run time or cause step-down. I hope this isn't a trend more and more if high power led lights start to become more mainstream (than they are now). Most people still aren't even willing to buy a 35 dollar E21 these days. They don't know better.

Aside from that gripe there is a lot of cool new stuff here though. Those bike lights with integrated battery compartments are SWEET! I just bought the fenix bike light mount to use with my TK11, but I kind of want one of the new bike lights now too... for the other side of the handlebar :)

edit: Oh and another thing... why is nobody willing to define "burst" mode. Unless it's actively thermally regulated to step down after a certain brightness it most definitely has a time limit. It's total bull to list the run time of burst mode as: "/" 100 lumens 10 hours, 400 lumens 3 hours, 1000 lumens /

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

At the end of the catalog, you can read the BC30 uses a XM-L T6 led, so neutral. At the other hand, I assume they will fit it with the XM-L2.

kj2

Flashaholic
Regarding the BC30, if i understood it correctly then this light does not need a spare battery pack-one inserts the cells in the light it self? I can´t find any info about how many 18650 cells it can take? The text say that the light has remote Turbo activation-what could it mean?:thinking:

Looks like it will use two 18650's.
Heard that the BTR20 will get a pressure pad, so remote control/activation could be that pressure pad.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can read the BC30 uses a XM-L T6 led, so neutral. At the other hand, I assume they will fit it with the XM-L2.

T6 is the brightness bin though. The blurb for the BT lights all mention a neutral white LED, good colour rendering, so there must be a reason as to why the BC ones don't mention it.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will somebody PLEASE upload this catalog to Mega. I am getting 26min for a 28MB file.

It was slow loading on my tablet yesterday morning a good 20 odd minutes and although quicker on my PC last night I am finding the catalogue slow in use.

markr6

Flashaholic
E12 - so they still couldn't add a simple clip or even a small hex ring somewhere on the body to keep this thing from rolling worse than a damn ball bearing? Rediculous.