Fenix E05 quality

Richub

Enlightened
I bought an E05 about a year ago, and I just love it.

It lives in my front jeans pocket, and it never failed me at all. It certainly is bright enough for general use.
That E05 is even bright enough for a short walk through a dark park or small forest, the beam reaches up to a distance of 10 meters (30 feet).

As for runtime: I'm using an AAA Eneloop in it which I recharge about every 5-6 weeks. That way it's always ready whenever I should need it. :)

A huge kick, but I think it's worth it:

That same E05 is still going strong here, still gets almost daily use. It's almost 5 years ago now that I bought it. :D

BriteLite2

Enlightened
dropped the E05 from EDC.

there is no gradual decline in output when battery is crapping out. Its light then BOOM no light youre in the dark. after that happened a cpl times I dropped them from EDC.

sorry I hate getting left in the dark . would rather have a purple E01 that is potted and will let you know way in advance that you need to swap out cells

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I have 2 E05 Stainless Steel version and I gave the other one as a gift. Aside from tint variations, it's a real solid light.

Been carrying mine around for more than a year now and have had no failures whatsoever. The same can be said about my friend's copy.

For the price, power and build quality, I wouldn't think twice about getting one. I still love mine to this day. BUT, if there was one thing I could change is the low mode. I find it too bright and wished it had a moonlight mode.

That said, I've always wanted to get an E01 for my son (okay, and myself) for its legendary "bomb-proof" reputation and it's ability to suck every ounce of juice a AAA battery can provide.