Fenix E11 (AA)

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
Looks interesting...

Do you think the low is current-controlled or PWM?

Any ideas when it'll be available to order?

All the fenix lights I've bought recently have all been current controlled so I wouldn't expect this to be any different . There's a dealer on the marketplace already accepting preorders

androids

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix E11 (1AA)

I was waiting for this flashlight! Very simple, small, tactical switch, AA. Great EDC for sure. The Xeno is quite ugly and big for an AA light, and Fenix is a very known and reliable company.

radu1976

Enlightened

Those are already available on ebay.
I am still wondering how the throw if this light will be . It has optics but I don't think it's a throwy light as it' describbed as 'soft flood flashlight' .
Its range is 72 m ; by comparison an E21 or PD31 are supposed to throw 130-140m while a PD20 about 100 .
In this situation I think that the E11 throw would be around 1,500 lux/m so pretty much like a MARATAC AA/ITP A2 which are smaller lights.
An INOVA X1 55-lumens - I have this flashlight - would outhrow the E11 as it's putting around 2,000 lux/m
The advantage of E11 remains the clicky - for some of us - .
I can't wait to see how the beam will be .

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

But is the rear switch really a Forward *Clicky* or just a *Momentary* contact?

~

It is most likely a standard forward clicky:

201172817835808.jpg

besides the head is used for switching modes and there would be no other way to switch the light on permanently.

Ian2381

Enlightened

I just sold my two MiNi AA at a bargain price as I wanted a brighter small(almost same size of MiNi) AA flashlight with clickie with a higher high mode. do you think the E11 fits the bill?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fenix E11

XP-E LED, 1xAA, 105lm (1h50m), 32lm (8h23m), 1279cd, 95mm (length), 19mm (diameter), weight: 23g (excluding battery)

Where did you find that it is ...... weight: 23g (excluding battery)

I can't find that anywhere ......

On Fenix Outfitter Ad for E11... it says 32 gram excluding battery.
Someone has done a typo ... so I'm tryin to find out which it really is .

If it's any heavier than 23g ...... I can't use it on my retractible key-chain .

~

Last edited:

jds1

Newly Enlightened
Tailcap is a forward clicky. Head switch only changes modes. This light is too big for any keychain of mine (like the size of an X1). Beam pattern is just like the E15 (ringy and containing wire-like artifacts). Tint is OK, but offset emitter effects beam. It'll make a good loaner.

Jeff

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

jds1 ........ Thanks for your honest report .

Due to that ..... I'll keep my money in my pocket.

Besides .... I'll bet it's 32grams and NOT 23grams.

Too heavy for my use.

~

jsmitty1967

Newly Enlightened

Tailcap is a forward clicky. Head switch only changes modes. This light is too big for any keychain of mine (like the size of an X1). Beam pattern is just like the E15 (ringy and containing wire-like artifacts). Tint is OK, but offset emitter effects beam. It'll make a good loaner.

Jeff

I agree and will add: seams really large for a simple AA, mode spacing is poor, and no tailstanding.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like TIR. Got some malkoff's, torrchlab triple-xpg, univex aaa, dragonsub. Most of them are all flood. My malkoff m30w has a nice throwy beam with nice corona and spill. So TIR is not all about throw. You can make a optic shorter than a reflector, and still not loose to mutch throw. So using a TIR can save some length, and maby some money. Some TIR lights don't have a glass lense, and i think it might be cheaper than a alu reflector.

SuLyMaN

Enlightened

I seriously dont see any good of this light. I feel an xeno v3 is a better light for the price tag. This light might be good but comparing it to other lights in the 1AA/price tag category, I have an impression that it is behind.

Ian2381

Enlightened

I almost got one but realize soon enough that its not small like I anticipated. I feel it's not better than my E03s.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I wonder if this little thing can throw farther then others in it's class.Thinking of getting one, I like the XP-E.