Fenix LD15 XP-G R4 117 lumens officially released ..!

Nice-Light

Newly Enlightened
Hm. Odd.

I wonder if mine is just a fluke? It's too bad that Fenix didn't email me back about it, I will have to review it as not capable of running on NiMH, with the stated claim that it does.

Did you really have to wrench the head down to get it to function on the NiMH?

No problem with battery size, I think it is possible that the negative contact in your battery tube may not be seated in the bottom of the tube?

What email did you use for Fenix?

stienke

Enlightened
ld15%207.jpg

Good heatsink! ;)

edo

Newly Enlightened
But . . . It's not a Fenix. It's the Nitecore EZ AA body with a different emitter and "Fenix" printed on it instead of "Nitecore."

Would you buy a KIA Rio for $60,000 if I put BMW badges on it and tweaked the engine just a tiny bit? :D

It sure looks different to my eyes. And there are no tripod threads on the Fenix.

I wish the production model started with low. Wonder why they changed it?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My production LD15 has a smooth reflector while I understand that the testing samples have an OP one. :confused:

2en4y0z.jpg

Can anyone please confirm and comment. :(

justin3

Newly Enlightened
My production LD15 has a smooth reflector while I understand that the testing samples have an OP one. :confused:

2en4y0z.jpg

Can anyone please confirm and comment. :(

My testing sample is smooth. From What I've read, I was one of the first ones to receive a testing sample. I could be wrong on that.....

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
I just got my order yesterday. This LD15 came with a smooth reflector and starts in hi mode, then low. I sure wish it would have been low first, then high but I still find it a nice light.

Mine came from the Canadian Fenix dealer.

Regards

Christian

Zendude

Enlightened
EZAA wannabe... shame on you Fenix :thumbsdow:tsk:

And the EZAA was a copy of.....:poke:

If I understand the switching properly, this is a different beast entirely. Yeah the heatsinking is the same, foam ring for contact isolation is the same. The difference seems to be it uses IC mode switching instead of the two point contact solution those other lights employ. If this is indeed the case, I have to wonder why they didn't make it a three mode light.:shrug:

I actually tried to convert a Ti MiNi AA to this setup as an alternative for folks that had trouble with mode skipping(with limited success).

I really think this is a nice setup as you don't have to worry about the battery tube making contact with the pill.:thumbsup: I guess the only thing I'd worry about is the foam wearing out.