FENIX PD12 !

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? Hmm.. I wonder if that can happen easily. It looks like the button is pretty much flush with the aluminum so it must have snagged on something somehow in your pocket pretty well. If this happens a lot I'd be worried, but maybe it's just a fluke.

I do agree it would make sense for them to machine a "lip" of aluminum there somehow so it's more recessed.

I also just realized the light is bigger than I subconsciously thought. This led me to just look at the Fenix E15 which I never really even noticed or looked at until now. DANG that light is tiny for a single cr123 light. Pretty nice edc light too for sure. It's TIR lens though so pretty floody surely.

The E15 is my trouser pocket light,it has grown on me really very quickly and it is not much bigger than 1 and 1/2 batteries really,only downfall to me it is a twisty which i am no lover of but none the less it is a Fenix which seems i always buy more of.

cigarbufff

Newly Enlightened
I just got my pd12 today...im liking it already...it has replaced my E11 in my pocket for EDC well see how it goes

bmwproboi05

Newly Enlightened
Really? Hmm.. I wonder if that can happen easily. It looks like the button is pretty much flush with the aluminum so it must have snagged on something somehow in your pocket pretty well. If this happens a lot I'd be worried, but maybe it's just a fluke.

I do agree it would make sense for them to machine a "lip" of aluminum there somehow so it's more recessed.

I also just realized the light is bigger than I subconsciously thought. This led me to just look at the Fenix E15 which I never really even noticed or looked at until now. DANG that light is tiny for a single cr123 light. Pretty nice edc light too for sure. It's TIR lens though so pretty floody surely.

I have had mine since the release, and can say it goes off in my pocket all the time... It could be the fact that i wear jeans that are not so loose and its in the pocket with the benchmade and pencil. The problem is that to turn it on you just press the button from there push it again to cycle through low-med-high. If you want turbo then you have to press and hold and it will kick on, but as soon as you let go it goes off... Good light for the size, but I do not think it makes a good edc light. I think the pd22 would have served me better. I sure wouldnt have mind if they kept the operation the same with a clicky on the back. I feel like it would be harder to turn on.

In my school backpack I keep a E25 that rarely goes off, and when it does its usualy when i slide it under the desk and kick the bag or something. the pd12 can come on when picking up my bag and items begin to shift around.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received PD12.

Cute little light! Large hotspot and wide spill. Very nice neutral tint. I noticed a strange thing with it, however: with a primary CR123 it works properly. But with a Tenergy LiFEPO4 cell there is no mid mode; when I cycle through the modes the mid is the same as the high mode. The output is also slightly higher at burst mode.
This seems to be an issue caused by higher voltage, but according to the specs the Tenergy LiFEPO4 is 3,0V. The cell I used is also charged a few months ago so it's not direct out from the charger. I planned to use PD12 mainly with the LiFEPO4 cells, and the mid mode of 80lm would then be the allround mode. Bad it doesn't work!
Anyway it's a very nice light and I will play around with it more later.

kj75

Enlightened
Today I received PD12.

Cute little light! Large hotspot and wide spill. Very nice neutral tint. I noticed a strange thing with it, however: with a primary CR123 it works properly. But with a Tenergy LiFEPO4 cell there is no mid mode; when I cycle through the modes the mid is the same as the high mode. The output is also slightly higher at burst mode.
This seems to be an issue caused by higher voltage, but according to the specs the Tenergy LiFEPO4 is 3,0V. The cell I used is also charged a few months ago so it's not direct out from the charger. I planned to use PD12 mainly with the LiFEPO4 cells, and the mid mode of 80lm would then be the allround mode. Bad it doesn't work!
Anyway it's a very nice light and I will play around with it more later.

Take a look at your user manual!! Fenix has banned that cells!
That is the reason why I sold my E15 and hope Fenix will solve this issue in the future!!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at your user manual!! Fenix has banned that cells!
That is the reason why I sold my E15 and hope Fenix will solve this issue in the future!!

Yes, I knew what the manual says. But Fenix banns 3,2V LiFEPO4, not 3,0V LiFEPO4. My Tenergy cells are marked exactly the same 3,0V as primaries and therefore I thought they should be fine. Still; according to my experience there is reason to assume that the 3,0V Tenergy LiFEPO4 actually is 3,2V. So I will not use the LiFEPO4 cells in PD12 any more. Too bad that Fenix didn't design the light to manage LiFEPO4 as well. Otherwise a very nice little light.

Last edited:

kj75

Enlightened
Yes, I knew what the manual says. But Fenix banns 3,2V LiFEPO4, not 3,0V LiFEPO4. My Tenergy cells are marked exactly the same 3,0V as primaries and therefore I thought they should be fine. Still; according to my experience there is reason to assume that the 3,0V Tenergy LiFEPO4 actually is 3,2V. So I will not use the LiFEPO4 cells in PD12 any more. Too bad that Fenix didn't design the light to manage LiFEPO4 as well. Otherwise a very nice little light.

Thats one of the reasons why people skip this nice light....
Please Fenix, solve this problem!!

Cooey

Newly Enlightened
Goes on in my pocket; not recommended. Staying with the PD20 for EDC.:sick2:

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
In my school backpack I keep a E25 that rarely goes off, and when it does its usualy when i slide it under the desk and kick the bag or something. the pd12 can come on when picking up my bag and items begin to shift around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Same with my S10. Why can't they fix this issue? An EDC with an ineffective lockout. My SC600 never turns on accidently. Imagine if your Glock had this "issue"!

Patt

Enlightened
My little-one
[h=1]CREE XM-L T6 1000LM Pocketlight is only 60mm long and 20mm diameter...with 16340 or rcr123a... :D only about 8$ .... :rock:[/h]