First forum knife Final

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well theres no question I do like that PINK lite. How big is that ??
It looks too big for a purse.

You see I'm usually not out at night, unless Maggie has to run out. And if I am I'm parked under a spotlight in a parking lot or right in front of whatever door I have to go in. I'm not out running around in the dark.

Cheers, Carol

Thanks for all the info. in your other post about the Heat Treating facility, Carol. :)

I guess the 2AA, pink, Mini-Maglite would be too big. My local Wal-Mart gets a shipment of different colored Mini-Mags. Ironically, pink is rather common at that place. Sadly, not too many other choices out there in pink.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, there is a LUX III LED that outputs a bit of pink. I forget the bin code. That would go nice in a pink mag.:paypal:

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
I also prefer flat shoelaces, cause the round ones tend to unravel

Monocrom, I've found a solution to the unravelling. I tie knots in mine, I was forever tripping over laces so now I just knot them. IT works :D

Cheers, Carol

p.s. I didn't know they made Hush Puppies any more. I always used to wear those. A woman that worked for my Dad ~ it was her dog her used to do the commercials where the hounds hears would go up in the air. Evidently they somehow connect clear thread and at the appropriate moment up went the ears

Last edited:

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Empyfree has placed an order for leather laces to use in conjunction with his flashlights.

Anyone interested ~ we do have leather "laces" approx 3ft in length $2/ea

Our use of course is for knives but if you are looking for such an item to use with your flashlights we can sell them to you.

Cheers, Carol :)

:oops::oops:SORRY FOLKS, measured those laces today and they are in fact 6ft long so that's $4/ea and Empyfree I'll send you 3 instead of 6.

Carol

Last edited:

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Thanks for all the info. in your other post about the Heat Treating facility, Carol. :)

Monocrom, Thankyou. It's actually quite interesting, even though you don't get to see alot because everything takes place inside of "something"

Not like in the processes you fellows are seeing of your knives being made in our shop. A few years ago we had a professional TV station come in and shoot a video of George making a knife. They shot for 5 hours, after the editing we had a 2 minute video. Amazing............ We used to take it to shows with us, it was good because many have the attention span of a flee and 2 min. is about as much attention as you're going to get. :)

George obviously is front and centre in this video and at the end we'd have people turn to him and say, where do you import your knives from ?
Meanwhile we have a huge sign with George Tichbourne Knives, he has a large visible name tag and resembles the fellow in the vidso, there is a sign inside the showcase again with name, all the knives have his name on them.........used to boggle the mind:shakehead

Cheers, Carol

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
UPDATE: March 18/08

We are hoping to pick the knives up from heat treat before the end of the week.

- That will mean some photos from the heat treat company
- And photos of your blank blades
- Plus a few others :):)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Your knives will be Rc 56 -58 and cryogenically treated for enhanced edge holding. Anyone interested in hearing how the cryo treatment works let me know .(R means Rockwell, c is the "C" scale. There are several different scales that they measure against. - its a designation to let you know how hard your blade is. The number 56-58 is the hardness level of the blade. For 440C Rc 56-58 is an ideal hardness because it is hard enough to be strong and durable while not being glass brittle. If you were to go up into the 60's you would end up with a brittle blade likely to chip.)
------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a couple folks who have placed orders for other knives besides the CPF group knife.

You have not been forgotten and your orders are underway. Once they are complete I will be contacting you to see if you would like to have me ship everything at once or ship seperately. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and if you wouldn't mind :confused: would someone please tell me what a Wee is ???? I am thinking perhaps it's a "tiny" flashlight ? But I wouldn't mind if someone would clarify this for me please, or even show me a picture.:thanks:

Cheers, Carol
http://www.tichbourneknives.com

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and if you wouldn't mind :confused: would someone please tell me what a Wee is ???? I am thinking perhaps it's a "tiny" flashlight ? But I wouldn't mind if someone would clarify this for me please, or even show me a picture.:thanks:

Cheers, Carol
http://www.tichbourneknives.com
Hi Carol, It's a very small flashlight, about the size of a CR123 battery. Here's a link to the Orb Wee http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=wee&Page=1

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the OT, but carol did ask..:D

this is the whole thing...

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

one of the macros i could find. Unfotunately this is of my old pair, and my camera doesnt work anymore so i cant get any of my new pair...yet....

Crenshaw

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Sorry for the OT, but carol did ask..:D

this is the whole thing...

one of the macros i could find. Unfotunately this is of my old pair, and my camera doesnt work anymore so i cant get any of my new pair...yet....

Crenshaw

:wow::wow::wow: are they ever nice and CLEAN !!!! I'm impressed mine are a little tired compared to those ;)

Cheers, Carol

Greta

Flashaholic
What's a Wee? Well... you know what they say about pictures... :D

Wee1.jpg

Wee2.jpg

Wee3.jpg

... and... giving credit where credit is due... my Wee was a gift from our own CPF member, Data... a very generous gift, I might add!! :kiss: I love my Wee... :D

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Carol! yeah thier clean! or were anyway, those were taken, i believe only after one night at a club, where i was VERY conscious not to step on them, or let them get stepped on.

Thier horribly dirty now, they have become my users (flasaholic term for a light that you use, drop, not really abuse, but its seen better days).

but My recent trip to HK, got a new pair, those are staying mint as long as they can...:twothumbs:

Crenshaw

Ps: it never really occured to me just how small the wee is...:eek:oo:

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
might they have been from the first run of air force ones?! :eek:oo:

thier rarer then SF Titans these days!

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Monocrom, I've found a solution to the unravelling. I tie knots in mine, I was forever tripping over laces so now I just knot them. IT works :D

Cheers, Carol

p.s. I didn't know they made Hush Puppies any more. I always used to wear those. A woman that worked for my Dad ~ it was her dog her used to do the commercials where the hounds hears would go up in the air. Evidently they somehow connect clear thread and at the appropriate moment up went the ears

No matter how hard I tie them, the round ones always unravel. My last pair of Hush Puppies came with round ones.... I still have them in my kitchen drawer. Yanked them out as soon as I got the shoes. Put in a pair of flat ones, and never looked back.

Also, that's a great story about the dog. :)

As for the 2 minute video.... You'll have to dress up George in the same clothes he had on in the vid.

That might help a little. :thumbsup:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carol,
Here is a picture of an Orb Raw made of sterling silver. It's next to a Lone Wolf knife designed by Paul Poehlmann 2.4' blade.
Also of note is the custom Mini-Mag. Flashaholics do like bright lights and if they look nice, what a deal.
PIC12340023Small.jpg

Empyfree

Enlightened
I've been on this forum for a while now... never thought I'd see the inside of Sasha's handbag! :eek:oo:

Carol, I think sticking with "Laces" could be a good move!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
What's a Wee? Well... you know what they say about pictures... :D

Wee1.jpg

Wee2.jpg

Wee3.jpg

... and... giving credit where credit is due... my Wee was a gift from our own CPF member, Data... a very generous gift, I might add!! :kiss: I love my Wee... :D

Hey Kel,

Lose something? :D

Larry

Latest posts