First forum knife Final

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
For extra style points, put all addresses in the BCC area, and just YOUR address in the To area. That way you don't send everybody's private email address to the whole world.

Just so you'll ALL know :) putting everyones address in the Blind Carbon Copy is the worse thing you can do.

I am very concious of protecting everyones e-mail address for a variety of reasons. It's taking me forever to send these things out because I am sending EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY - :whistle: because your computer can be set to OPEN and capture all the BCC addresses.

For instance, the fellow who set up our machine did just that. Why ? - I didn't ask him to - when i guestioned him on it his response was - " well you are in business and everyone who sends a mass mailing to you with BCC - you now have access to their other addresses." Nice ahe :mad:

I couldn't figure out why I could see all these other people listed when I didn't know them or had had any contact with them .

SO, Gentlemen, you are as safe with me as I can make you. Each e-mail as time consuming as it is goes out individually, NONE of your personal info is kept in my computer address book, except for your e-mail address and I am firewalled and anti attack protected, - if you'll excuse the phrase - up the wazoo.

:):)But I do appreciate the suggestion.

P.S. -:oops: You didn't say if you liked the Newsletter ??

Cheers, Carol
http://www.tichbourneknives.com

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
The newsletter is really nice and will likely be forwarded to others. With all our email addresses in one place, it would unfortunately be handy to someone with not so good intentions.

"Thankyou," I'm glad you enjoyed the Newsletter - I have to admit I'm rather pleased with how it turned out :) (it is possible to teach old dogs new tricks :D:D)

As explained to Darell -( check the properties) - ALL NEWSLETTERS and any other e-mails I send to anyone are always sent out INDIVIDUALLY for that very reason. It's my integrity that is at stake here and the comfort level of our Customers so I take every precaution available to me to make sure that something like that does not happen.

We all must realise though that if someone with naughty :devil: intentions is
bent on getting information they are going to get it, no matter what we do.

Cheers, Carol :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a PITA to have to send mails out individually, thank you for taking the extra effort Carol! know that it is very much appreciated. :)

Crenshaw

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
that is a PITA to have to send mails out individually, thank you for taking the extra effort Carol! know that it is very much appreciated. :)

Crenshaw

Thankyou Crenshaw, it's not only for you fellows I have an address book with almost a thousand addresses. Have spent all day today and until right now and am only up to the half way thru the "B's" :whistle:

I am happy to hear that my extra efforts are appreciated, "Thankyou!!":) It helps me to continue....

Kind regards, Carol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thankyou Crenshaw, it's not only for you fellows I have an address book with almost a thousand addresses. Have spent all day today and until right now and am only up to the half way thru the "B's" :whistle:

I am happy to hear that my extra efforts are appreciated, "Thankyou!!":) It helps me to continue....

Kind regards, Carol

There must be an easier way.... But I have no clue what that might be. :(

But yes, your efforts are very much appreciated. :)

Darell

Flashaholic
Just so you'll ALL know :) putting everyones address in the Blind Carbon Copy is the worse thing you can do.
I still contend that putting all the addresses in the To field is worse!

because your computer can be set to OPEN and capture all the BCC addresses.
Can anybody explain this one to me? First I've heard of it. What email clients allow this, and how?

(And thanks Carol for my private copy of the great newsletter - there MUST be a better way than putting all these in manually.)

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
"Thankyou" Gentlemen for your supportive replies. Yes, there must be a easier way it's just that I don't know what it is yet. Hopefully by the time the next one is ready to go I'll have found out :mecry:

Regarding e-mail clients "allowing" people to BCC and others capturing their addresses. It's an interesting topic but in alot of cases you have signed yourself up for some mailing list i.e. I'm on a list from a yarn company where I purchased some French Angora for Baby Bonnets. Now the next time that comes in I'm going to open the properties and see if I'm BCC'd. You see when the e-mail comes in you don't see the long list in the BCC like you do for the CC you have to open the properties. Most people wouldn't think of doing that, and it was totally by accident that I found out I was able to see them.

Anyway I have to concentrate on getting the balance of these Newsletters out AND the confirmations re the leather sheaths. Obviously I have not had time this weekend to send those.

I'm so pleased that you're enjoying the Newsletter :)

Best regards. Carol

Darell

Flashaholic
You see when the e-mail comes in you don't see the long list in the BCC like you do for the CC you have to open the properties. Most people wouldn't think of doing that, and it was totally by accident that I found out I was able to see them.
While I'm not sure what "opening properties" would mean in the case of an email, I can see the entire header of my incoming emails, and there is never any indication of the BCC fields - even when I know they exist. This is using Outlook. This still has me very curious. And it is something I have looked into several times - and each time I come up empty.

This would be a huge privacy/security issue. And I'd imagine folks would be in an uproar. I'd also expect to see all kinds of discussion about it with a google search, but what I turn up instead is answers like this:

Q: How do I see who is in the BCC field?

A: You don't.

That's what "undisclosed" means. The information about who the email was sent to is not included in the email. There is simply no way of determining if it was sent to anyone else and if so, who.

Now, to be complete, I do recall hearing about some old email programs - and we're talking ten or twenty years ago - that got the whole concept of "Bcc:" and undisclosed recipients wrong. They included the Bcc'd recipients in headers that everyone could read if they knew how. But that was a serious bug and has long since been resolved.

Today's email programs simply don't disclose "undisclosed recipients".

It would be wrong to do so.

:shrug: I hate to drag this so far off topic! My bad. If anybody has any info for me on this, I'd love to hear from you off line. Email please (in my sig).

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm not sure what "opening properties" would mean in the case of an email, I can see the entire header of my incoming emails, and there is never any indication of the BCC fields - even when I know they exist.

I got to looking into it as well, and from what I could find, it will vary somewhat depending on what email client you use. With Outlook, or Thunderbird, the spec for BCC is followed and you should not have a problem.

I'd create a mailing list using Outlook or Thunderbird, add all the addresses into that list, and when a new newsletter came out, add that list to the BCC field. Done.

schiesz

darmawaa

Newly Enlightened
How much is this?
8-9oz vegetable tanned dyed leather, pouch style waterformed hand stitched sheath made by George c/w belt loop. Extra layer of leather along the stitched edge to deter you from cutting the thread. (mid -dark mahogany colour)
sheathofmoosehunter.jpg

darmawaa

Newly Enlightened
Please add one Left Handed Leather sheath to my order. Thanks. Other options available? Any picture of those options?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oops! :eek:

Sometimes I'm a bit slow in checking my emails. Sorry.

The electronic newsletter looks great! Thanks Carol.

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
LOL.

You might want to concentrate on the other CPFers, first.

I've been into knives for many more years than I've been into lights. :)

Now that's a GOOD thing :D:D Have you checked out our Purchase Rewards Points ??:poke: or our In Stock Now page :devil: I'm sure we could find something you'd like LOL - btw the bonus points do not pertain to the CPF knife - sorry.

Cheers, Carol

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a knife person just as long as I've been a flashlight person. I've just been putting a lot more $ into lights this past year. The knife person in me comes from being an outdoors type person as well as a martial arts type person.
You're just preaching to the choir; though I've always been stuck in production knives so the smaller custom knife making thing is a new experience for me. Perhaps you'll get me hooked on that too.