Flashaholic relocating to Fairfax, VA

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm relocating as of March 1 to Fairfax County, VA for a new job. That's right, my Ph.D. is basically done, I'm ABD, and have managed to land a position as the first Training Manager, North America, for a young Swedish technology company. Life is finally moving on after these six years in grad school. :party:

Hope to meet a few of the local flashaholics in the DC Metro area sometime.

Cheers,
Wilkey

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Congratulations on earning your degree, Ginseng. You should be proud of yourself. I hope that new job goes well.

My brother lives in Fairfax, but I haven't converted him from guns to flashlights yet.

Geoff

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's certainly a possibility. I have long been thinking philosophically about lighting and the hot wire. I'd say that if I were to get back into the mainstream and incorporate some of the advancements made in the last few years in terms of controllers and power sources, you should look for more "expressions" of my design philosophy. I really approach the design and execution of lights as an artistic-engineering endeavor as I am from this dual background. Sometimes I wish I had the resources and time to push some of these ideas to production as so many notable flashaholic modders have come to do...but I just don't think it'll go that way. I'm tickled that you remember the Aurora. That in itself is high praise and a source of immense gratification. Thank you!

Wilkey

You think it'll give you some time for the Aurora3?

Congratulations! Glad to see you back!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grats on the degree, Wilkey, I took a look at your website and previous threads, fascinating info!