• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Emoli $16, A123 $14, some bulbs, NTCs, windows, chargers.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
this charger has a pic.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3148

5761 is brigher than rop, rop is pr base each has plus and neg. 5761 5.5A with emoli 2670/5500x60=29min. and somewhat less if using an ntc. A123 2300/5500x60=25min. Northern Lights reported his 5761 with A123s ran longer than with emolis and ntc.

I had a noobish Q which I have been trying to figure out. How would you charge these batteries? I see the link you provided, but could not find the charger. Also for a Mag 2D ROP or 5716 what would you recommned? What might the expected runtime be?

Thanks!

Fulgeo

Enlightened
Thanks for the info JimJones. Btw you selling NTCs?

IcantC a good contender for the ROP Hi bulb besides the 5761 is the AW1111. It has about 70% less output than the ROP Hi bulb but has a very white beam hot spot. It would run about 43 minutes on 2 Emoli and 39 minutes on 2 A123 cells. I am a bit disillusioned with the ROP Hi bulb because of the "fogging the reflector issue" it has. The AW1111 was my favorite bulb until I started playing with the 5761. Not sure which I like better now because the 5761 is such a light cannon.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info JimJones. Btw you selling NTCs?

IcantC a good contender for the ROP Hi bulb besides the 5761 is the AW1111. It has about 70% less output than the ROP Hi bulb but has a very white beam hot spot. It would run about 43 minutes on 2 Emoli and 39 minutes on 2 A123 cells. I am a bit disillusioned with the ROP Hi bulb because of the "fogging the reflector issue" it has. The AW1111 was my favorite bulb until I started playing with the 5761. Not sure which I like better now because the 5761 is such a light cannon.

The fogging is caused by contaminents in the ceramic mixture that pots the bulb. By baking at 250-275 I am able to drive those, which maybe the epoxie hardener, from the ceramic sockets I make. I have not used a Pelican bulb for a while but the only one I baked did clear up and stop doing that. I do not know if that will help with the currently available bulbs.

Fulgeo

Enlightened
The fogging is caused by contaminents in the ceramic mixture that pots the bulb. By baking at 250-275 I am able to drive those, which maybe the epoxie hardener, from the ceramic sockets I make. I have not used a Pelican bulb for a while but the only one I baked did clear up and stop doing that. I do not know if that will help with the currently available bulbs.

How long do you bake that Peleican in the oven?

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long do you bake that Peleican in the oven?
Experiment is probably the correct answer, but I did 30 minutes of timed heat and let the oven cool off on its own, so the total time in heat was probably one hour.

There definately was something in the ceramic that left a haze on everything. Very difficult to clean without ruining reflectors.

I also noticed some types of ceramic were hydrophilic, absorbing moisture, and they would just leave some moisture on the window and reflector at cool down but opening the bezel after heating and allow to cool would get rid of that. Mags are sealed and nothing escapes without opening it.

So many ceramics to choose from, different bases too, here is where I buy mine, look at the variations!

www.cotronics.com

Last edited:

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried fiberfrax and it does smoke some. Getting into the habit of after stuffing the insulation leave window off and do a 5 min run.

Experiment is probably the correct answer, but I did 30 minutes of timed heat and let the oven cool off on its own, so the total time in heat was probably one hour.

There definately was something in the ceramic that left a haze on everything. Very difficult to clean without ruining reflectors.

I also noticed some types of ceramic were hydrophilic, absorbing moisture, and they would just leave some moisture on the window and reflector at cool down but opening the bezel after heating and allow to cool would get rid of that. Mags are sealed and nothing escapes without opening it.

So many ceramics to choose from, different bases too, here is where I buy mine, look at the variations!

www.cotronics.com

waynejitsu

Enlightened
This is the message I get..., I still can not open it and still do not know what is for sale???

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1135449 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/candlepowerforums.com/httpdocs/vb/includes/functions.php on line 4994

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
pm sent

This is the message I get..., I still can not open it and still do not know what is for sale???

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1135449 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/candlepowerforums.com/httpdocs/vb/includes/functions.php on line 4994