• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Emoli $16, A123 $14, some bulbs, NTCs, windows, chargers.

mn_aerorider1

Newly Enlightened
I understand you get your A123 cells from Dewalt Packs. I would prefer cells with tabs to make it easier to solder into a Dewalt pack I am trying to repair. Do you leave the tabs on these cells?

Thanks!

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi jim!

can you suggest a good charger for A123 cells?

thanks!:wave:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks jim!

I'm actually working on some set up(s) with this new (to me) type of cells...

thanks again.

-F

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi jim!

can you suggest a good charger for A123 cells?

thanks!:wave:
I do not think Jim minds me popping in. If you plan to expand your hobby I found one charger doing the job of 8 immediately upon its arrival. It does these chemistries, Pb, NiCd, NiMh,Lipo, Liion, FePo4. It works automatic or manual, series or balanced. 5 user set up pre programs and is very very easy to use. Rates up to 5 amps means emoli and A123 charging in just minutes! It has safety features for temperature, time, minimum and maximum parameters.

BC-6 charger with the generic alligator clip harness.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not think Jim minds me popping in. If you plan to expand your hobby I found one charger doing the job of 8 immediately upon its arrival. It does these chemistries, Pb, NiCd, NiMh,Lipo, Liion, FePo4. It works automatic or manual, series or balanced. 5 user set up pre programs and is very very easy to use. Rates up to 5 amps means emoli and A123 charging in just minutes! It has safety features for temperature, time, minimum and maximum parameters.

:sick2:

this mess things!

see here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/197575

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
NL, thanks for mentioning it. The BC-6 would be the one upgraded to if this Schulze ever wears out. The Schulze as is not so user friendly. But after the learning curve it is easy to use. The BC-6 as you have posted here and elsewhere is very user friendly out of the box. Finally, the reason I don't recommend either the BC-6 or Schulze is price.

For the same money or less a bench power supply with cc, cv, and a lot more amps can be had. The Motorola R-1011B with RFI and EMI shielding, overload protection circuit, selectable output limiting ranges 0-5A, 0-20A, 0-40A, had dual output. $50 on ebay, weights 62#.