• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:MagHid 8AA - Shipping, PICS/ Video!!!!

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
All orders have been shipped as of monday. Ken, it was nice meeting you in Hawaii!

We have TWO ballasts left, and the available colors until 9/7 are:

blue
pewter
purple

I do not have a current ETA on when I will be receiving more ballasts but I
will still take pre-orders until they come in.

Thanks to everyone that ordered, and I hope you are all enjoying your lights as much as I enjoy mine!

-jerry

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got to post this thread in dealer section or it will get lost

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
Neither myself or Ufokillerz are dealers. We're just hobbyists like you who put something together.

I took the magHID out to Waikiki beach at night. Its incredibly dark there once the sun goes down where there are no hotel lights or tiki torches. The thing just looks like a lightsaber.

I got the "wtf" look from tourists sitting on the beach and security guards.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waterfish said:
I took the magHID out to Waikiki beach at night. Its incredibly dark there once the sun goes down where there are no hotel lights or tiki torches. The thing just looks like a lightsaber.

I got the "wtf" look from tourists sitting on the beach and security guards.

I don't own any from the current production, but was fortunate enough to get in on the very last batch that ufokillerz and SilverLegacy put together. Mine is a Mag2HID 8AA with sideswitch but the beam should be the same as any other.

And you're right about the lightsaber look especially if there is a little bit of moisture in the air. :)
mag2hidatmac.jpg

These are worth every penny. A big :thanks: to ufokillerz for coordinating the project, SilverLegacy for the pioneering work and waterfish for continuing to make these little gems available!

kenneth540

Newly Enlightened
Edited for content by Saaby. Please consider B/S/T Rules:

Absolutely no "trashing the sales" posts! Have respect for the seller. If indeed the item is available for a ridiculously low price somewhere else and you absolutely feel the need to let others know, do it in private. If you think the seller is nuts (seriously – sometimes the seller may not be aware that the item is available brand new at a lower price elsewhere) you may want to politely inform them privately (E-mail or PM) so they may consider an adjustment to the price?

That includes trashing the item...

Last edited by a moderator:

kenneth540

Newly Enlightened
My bad. It was not my intension to trash the MagHID. I'm actually interested in getting one. I'll post my comments on the appropriate section of the forum.

Kenneth

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
We are sold out temporarily. Bill, Bob, -- we're in the process of making your lights and will get them to you guys pronto.

We will eventually be getting more ballasts in the near future hopefully, but we will still accept pre-orders for anyone that is interested. I will also answer any questions that I can on PM or email.

I'd like to thank CPF and everyone who has ordered a magHID, and I will start a new thread with new pictures and such when the ballasts are ordered.

Thanks again!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn... I wish I had the money to toss on this, but I'm spending most of it on a Triton charger and another project. :/ Does the $312 just cover the light and carrier, then? No batteries, shipping extra etc? And I also assume that we're paying the whole $312 ahead of time?

Last edited:

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
Haesslich, shipping and batteries are not included. However, shipping in the domestic US is only 4 dollars, or $7 with insurance. That's with USPS priority 2-3 day mail.

Most people on CPF already have their own batteries, or have a preference towards either alkaline or nimh so we dont include batteries.

With regards to the payment on preorders, we accept a non-refundable deposit of $20. I will prep your body in the color of your choice and Ufokillerz will start building your tailcap before the ballasts come in. The reason I cannot refund the deposit is because I will reserve the body in the color of your choice so someone else doesnt pick it up later.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waterfish said:
Haesslich, shipping and batteries are not included. However, shipping in the domestic US is only 4 dollars, or $7 with insurance. That's with USPS priority 2-3 day mail.

Most people on CPF already have their own batteries, or have a preference towards either alkaline or nimh so we dont include batteries.

With regards to the payment on preorders, we accept a non-refundable deposit of $20. I will prep your body in the color of your choice and Ufokillerz will start building your tailcap before the ballasts come in. The reason I cannot refund the deposit is because I will reserve the body in the color of your choice so someone else doesnt pick it up later.

Aye. And I can charge the batteries in the carrier with something like a Triton charger, correct? :D I'm skint for the next month or two, at least, though I definitely want one of these beauties just for the 'wow' factor... and the 2 hour runtime isn't bad at all.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jerry traveled 5,000 miles to hand-deliver one for me--how's that for service? It is an excellent toy for sure, and impressed lots of people even before I discovered one of my Lenmar cells was bad and it had been running on only 7 cells. The 2500mAh Energizer replacements drop right in by gravity only. My only preference would have been a cutdown 6D body for a completely smooth, un-knurled finish, since that's where Mag's cheap HAII shows wear first. But wow this thing can focus down to a searing hot spot, and I've already dragged it around for 15,000 miles so it seems pretty durable.

I guess with 20k miles on the odometer I have the highest mileage one so far?

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I received mine in the mail the other day--awesome light, lots of fun. Construction is well done, thank you!

CLHC

Flashaholic
The next time I go back home to Hawaii I'll bring this with me. So far I've brought the SureFires whereupon my cousins were wondering what in sheol is going on with these! ? ! ? !

Anyou, just a quick question on the O-ring that the head/bezel is covering, is there something that I did wrong because I noticed that it has been "chewed" up. How would I prevent this from happening?

Please advise!

Once Again Thank You Very Much! Also as KevinL stated: "These are worth every penny. . ." And YES! ! ! It DOES look like a light-saber.

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
CHC,

If the head has been taken off and put back on, you have to be careful to not slice the o-ring. It's a tight fit, and without paying attention, the head can slice off bits of the o-ring.

The best way to do it is to turn the head in both directions while paying attention to not "squish" the oring. If you have a rubber lubricant, it helps too.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Are there any of these still avalible for shipment now?? Or are you waiting on the ballasts?? If you are waiting on the ballasts are they the same ballasts you have beeen using?

Thanx,
-PSM

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
They are indeed the same ballasts. We have 10 ballasts already on order, and I expect to get an estimated ship date today.

I plan to have other upgrades available for the magHID when the next batch of ballasts arrive, and previous buyers will be able to take advantage of that as well since the upgrades are modular.

If you are interested in a pre order, please email me at [email protected] to reserve one of the ten ballasts and a color.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Waterfish said:
The best way to do it is to turn the head in both directions while paying attention to not "squish" the oring. If you have a rubber lubricant, it helps too.

Thanks for the heads up. . .and yes it is snug fitting! Well built I would have to say.

Good Day!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:MagHid 8AA - New Batch just about ready to

Waterfish said:
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Is the 8xAA power source NiMh, Alkaline, Lithium, a combination or non of the above?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can use standard Alkalines although a decent capacity NiMH battery is preferred such as a 2300maH AA rechargeable battery.

So using the WA 008 ballast you would be overdriving the ballast with 1.5 volt alkalines right? Is it brighter with Alkalines?

Mac

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
The voltage drop on alkalines is steep when drawing 1 amp, so you would not be overdriving the ballast. Thanks.