GatLight V3 - Carbon Fiber / Titanium with Cree XR-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsMachina

Enlightened
The V1 is the most beautiful of them all and will never be topped.
Im really happy to own three of them and still would like to get a titanium one..

4gatlights.jpg

(at this pic my second V1-123 is missing because it just arrived last week :)

Jochen

davesa

Newly Enlightened
Only a couple more days until the 15th... any news on final assembly? We should be getting close if they are going out on the 15th.:naughty:

Can't wait to get mine:twothumbs

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My stainless steel Gatlight is out getting a TiN coating.
The ti v3's should be shipping real soon now.

My aluminum Gatlight is getting lonely.
I hope it gets some company soon.

Macaw

Enlightened
Probably my last high $$$ flashlight. I'm starting to do the pee-pee dance here!

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Thread has been reopened all updates regarding this production run will continue in this thread - however we're close to the final assembly and shipment. Here is the update from yesterday.

Things are moving ahead slowly but surely. The parts as stated in our last post where actually not sent out to the annodizer as expected. The reason was that the machine shop did not account for the annodize build up around the holes and as a result the holes were a bit too small for the bars. So they reworked the holes to the correct size (for the AL units). Anyway this was corrected and the parts were sent out as stated in the timeline below.

Here is our current project timeline.
V3PROJECT.jpg

The redline marks the 12th of July. Please keep in mind that this is the information we have and is subject to change. Some of the steps like annodizing are pretty ambitious. The machine shop is confident that the short turn around times are possible.

Last edited:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to see you back in action. Looks like next week is the moment of truth. Good Luck!

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was curious about one thing i say on there site, it show the battery exposed is this true or is it seal from the weather??

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was curious about one thing i say on there site, it show the battery exposed is this true or is it seal from the weather??
The older versions have an exposed battery but the ends of the battery is sealed by gaskets at the body rings. The V3 has a sealed battery tube made of Carbon Fiber, very stylish :naughty:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, finally it's Showtime!! It's all gonna start this coming Friday - day after tomorrow. The Machine Shop will have the parts back from laser marking (confirmed by the Laser marking guy). Kyle is flying out here to CA - tickets are purchased. Than Friday morning we'll first inspect all the parts for quality (however since we chose an Aerospace Machine Shop we're very confident that things should look great).

Than after the quality inspection, the assembly team is ready to work through the weekend with the goal to either finish assembly by Sunday or no later than Tuesday so it can be shipped to the warehouse - who'll than ship it out to you guys.

I'll make sure to bring a camera so get ready to look at plenty of pictures this coming weekend.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
FIRST PRODUCTION VERSION GATLIGHT V3 PHOTO

:naughty: The first PRODUCTION RUN GATLIGHT V3 has been built and assembled, below is a photo:

The shop was too eager to put one together so they didn't wait for us showing up tomorrow. The photo is of serial no 1 - and they told us that in reality it looks a lot better. Anyway we're thrilled, the quality looks phenomenal from what we can tell. Also we're thrilled about the way the Carbon Fiber looks.

So tomorrow we'll be down there and take a bunch more photos.... also of the AL units. They expect the last AL part in tomorrow (back from Laser Marking)

PV3.JPG

AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR PATIENCE - I hope the photo shows it was worth the extra wait... Anyway we'll hope that we can finish assembly and ship'em out to the warehouse after this weekend... anyway but first you'll get to see more photos as the weekend advances...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.