GatLight V3 - Carbon Fiber / Titanium with Cree XR-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: LUMENCRAFT IS LEAVING CPF
----------------------------------------------------------
Kyle and I have decided that due to recent developments on cpf we will move all Lumencraft Activities (which currently is the GatLight V3 thread, the GatLight V2 upgrade thread, all future product announcements & discussions, production update and support and other threads away from CPF Candlepowerforums. More details in regards to where those activities can be found in the future is mentioned on our - newly designed- website at Lumencraft.net (click on news).

I know that for many of you, this is an inconvenience and we are sorry about this. We respect CPF and the people who are running it. They know what is best for cpf and can see what is best for their community. For Lumencraft (Kyle & myself) and past August 10th, cpf does not provide us the same platform we've enjoyed the past 3 years - some of you might have seen Sasha's post.

In order to prevent emails, phone calls and pm's in regards to this issue we will start a brief underground thread (under Flashlight Industry - registration required to read it) with a couple more details.

To continue the existing threads V2 Upgrade, GatLight V3 visit our website to find out in what forum those can be found in. In a little while when we announce our next product "The EOS" we'll inform all of our existing customers about this change.

We're sad to leave but given the current developments it is the only option that is left for us.

We hope that sometimes in the future there is an opportunity again to work together with cpf until than we look forward to continue our activites at the new place with a very exciting new design to be announced soon - "The EOS".

Best regards

Walter & Kyle
Lumencraft

Last edited:

Miciobigio

Enlightened
:mecry:I'm sad that you leave CPF but i can understand your reasons .

The Gatlight can't go in the "limbo" with all that bunch of "chinese" flashlight ! :(

Put me on the list for the EOS , please. :wave:

Flashlight Enthusiast
as long as the thread is still available then im happy

Last edited:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 2 more pics?

L1010541Large.jpg

L1010941Large.jpg

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walter, Kyle,

Sorry to see you go. I always appreciated your thorough posts/emails and interaction with everyone before, during, and after the projects. :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for my v3 over here in Japan, it's gotten stuck in Texas and won't be able to go out for another week or so. The pictures help to ease the anticipation.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
-LT

P.S. You guys need an "opt in" news letter that keeps everyone up to date on your new projects.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Below are the weights of GatLight:(no batteries)

Aluminum = 61.04 grams;
Tuxedo (Aluminum + Titanium) = 79.23 g.;
Titanium = 92.43 g.;
Stainless = 143.25 g.;
TiN Plated Stainless = 144.12 g.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question? Can the serial number strings for the Ti and Tux models be given?
:thanks:

rusky

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone noticed "scuff" marks on the bars of their V3's? Both of mine look to have these "scuff" marks and it just doesn't look right to me. I have emailed them on their new site to ask about it.

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Has anyone noticed "scuff" marks on the bars of their V3's? Both of mine look to have these "scuff" marks and it just doesn't look right to me. I have emailed them on their new site to ask about it.

Yup, I've got them, and a few tool marks around the "bezel", didja notice the "pits" in the carbon fiber too? I really would've prefered the cosmetic weave versus the ground and sealed type. Also, was your light able to rattle in the box too, seems like slightly thicker padding would have stopped that, not to mention the uneven finish on the interior. Don't get me wrong I love my Gatlight, but after all the hype about custom screws to match the "perfect" finish and clean room assembly I'm not the most satisfied customer. Between the poor finish work on some parts, the fact that my light was rattling around the whole way here and having to de-lube it for proper function I'm a bit disappointed. As far as I'm concerned, at this level of product it's ALL about the details and they missed a BUNCH. Be sure to post their reply.

~Chip

Last edited:

rusky

Newly Enlightened
Yup, I would have to agree with you Chip. Mine were rattling around in the boxes too. I too would have to say that I was "disappointed" with the finish on the bars of the V3. The V2 I have doesn't have those "scuff" marks on the bars leading me to believe that it is preventable. I will let you know what the reply is when I get one.

rusky

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I got an email from Walter and it seems like there were a few people that had this same issue.

This is what Walter wrote:

"I talked to the machine shop regarding this and they're sending us some
extra bars. If you let me know how many bars are affected I'll send the
extra bars out to you. Than just get a 0.05 hex screw driver remove all
the front screws and the back screws of the affected bars. Than just
pull out the bar and put the new one in. When retightening the screws
don't overtighten them. Also put one screw in at 90 degree, than one at
270 than 180 than 360 degrees and tighten them down evenly so that the front bezel presses down equally onto the optics. The entire process is
kind of fun to do - you'll learn more about your Gat. Again just let me
know how many bars and your shipping address and I'll ship'em out to you
as soon as I get them.

I suggest that you email Walter to let him know that you also have marks on your bars.

The Coach

Enlightened
Wow, it must be nice having normal eyes. I looked real close today and found two bars with scuffs on them. With my luck, if I went through the hassle of trying to get the bars, I'd take the light apart and never get it back together. Instead, I think I'll just call them character marks and forget about it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.