Good stuff thread! post things that are good and worth buying

A bidet. I purchased my first, a non-electric Brondell, a month ago. I hope to never be without the use of one.

While there's nothing new under the sun, there is something new under my bum. Yes, I already thought of that joke.

Our two sons reported it has a range of seven feel high and 12 feet long if the door is open, perhaps more if the wall wasn't there.

Boys will be boys. 🤨

raggie33

*the raggedier*
aint ya worryied it will drives your stool back in you lol?

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
We've toyed with the idea of getting one. It seems lile a really civilized way to do "business," especially if it includes a blow dryer.

We've toyed with the idea of getting one. It seems lile a really civilized way to do "business," especially if it includes a blow dryer.

The one we purchased was a tad bit under $100. The electric units I saw on the big A were around $650. I didn't want to spend anywhere near that much, nor did I want to run electricity and install an outlet. Nevertheless, warm water and air would be a welcomed addition come the cold winter months. :oops:

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my experience bidets really don't work very well. Let me give you this analogy:
You have hands covered in dog poop. You wet your hands under the tap. You then proceed to dry them off with paper towels. Are your hands clean?

Wet wipes work a lot better. Now; you clean your hands thoroughly with a wet towel first & then dry off afterwards. Are they clean now? No, but a hell of a lot cleaner then with a bidet. Yeah I know they aren't exactly eco-friendly and clog the sewers but honestly I don't care that much.

Anyway; Things that are worth buying: Good quality clothes, good shoes, good quality tools, a good & comfortable office chair (if you spend a lot of time sitting), a good keyboard (if you type a lot), a good Amp and good open-back Headphones (if you listen to a lot of music), air conditioning, an induction stove, a good flashlight (who would've thought?), a good pair of tweezers, an anti-static comb, a good watch, a good leather wallet, a good leather belt (or a few), a good leather shoulder bag or briefcase, a good full-caliber all-steel rifle & shotgun, a good pocket knife & something called a "cool down glas".
A good piece of chocolate once a day.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
If you have a yard a good hose and nozzle. I finally bought those a few years ago from Garrett Wade after suffering for years with the cheap garbage my late father used to buy.

If you do any kind of concrete or masonry work, a good set of tools for that.

fulee9999

Enlightened
this puppy was a lifesaver a few days ago! I was taking down some wall mounted radiator heater and the connection was a kinda big nut, think two inch or around 50mm across and for the first time my knipex was too small! so after a little head scratching came the a-ha moment, took this bad boy out, opened it to the proper jaw size and I could loosen the 30-40 year old painted over connection.
it's not your Knipex 125 EDC cobra plier, but very very useful to have one, and it's not even expensive for what it is
...also carrying around a 3 lbs / 1.5 kg wrench would be less EDC-y :D
( Malkoff MD2 for scale )

1660996227420.png

I highly suggest anyone doing mechanical or construction/demo to get one, one of my best purchases lately

Furniture/appliance moving straps.

61LiOx0SGIL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Our oldest son and I relocated a reclining loveseat last night. We needed to position it vertically to passthrough a bedroom door. Each side has a handle for the footrest, so we couldn't set it on end.

Easily paid for itself, $50, with its first use. Yes, I was smiling just like the guy in the picture.

fulee9999

Enlightened
Furniture/appliance moving straps.

View attachment 35693

Our oldest son and I relocated a reclining loveseat last night. We needed to position it vertically to passthrough a bedroom door. Each side has a handle for the footrest, so we couldn't set it on end.

Easily paid for itself, $50, with its first use. Yes, I was smiling just like the guy in the picture.

moving straps are a godsend when you need to lift heavy stuff... recently we had to move a lot of equipment ( industrial sanders and the like ) that were fairly small ( think lawnmover ) in footprint, but easily 150-200 lbs in weight, and without straps it's just a back injury waiting to happen. I mean I would know, I threw my back out a few months ago, laying semi-flat for two weeks is not as fun as you'd think it is.

also to add to the worth buying topic, I'd gather almost everybody knows about the 10" Knipex Cobra pliers, it's a very very useful tool to have around the house, but recently I needed something with just a little bit more oomph. There were some pipings that were meant to be stainless, but somewhere around ten years ago or so they rusted together, so the amount of force required was a 200 lbs gorilla (me) literally laying on top of the tool and also propping my leg against the opposite wall for even more leverage and then it moved, with the help of this neat little swedish style plier:
( Knipex 83 61 015, 18" inch model, Malkoff MD2 for scale )

20221203_172606.jpg

I'm also currently eyeing with a Ridgid 18" monkey wrench just for comparison :D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Baseball cap.
33AE37CF-9E5F-4A90-B385-B07CB8EB8C4A.jpeg

Great for shading your eyes, great for a flyswatter, makes a good bill board, good for covering a bad hair cut, can be waved back and forth to provide a cool breeze or stoke a fire, helps keep your melon warm, comes in lots of styles, lots of other uses too.