got me a cat

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
one other thing you may not know: when they pee in the litter box, it helps for you to stir it up afterwards as this helps the liquid be absorbed into the clay so it doesn't smell as bad for as long (otherwise it pools on the bottom) ..it helps to keep the litter under a slighly open window, if the bathroom isn't ventilated..

I love the way my kitty smells. I wipe him down with a couple damp paper towels every evening, it cleans off the red dirt he like roll around in outside in the dayrtime..

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cats r so so so so sooooooooooooooooo diferent then dogs.she is so mellow compared to my old dog. she is so dang cordinated.but it does bother me when she gets ready to lay down she kinda does this thing with her paws and sometimes its on my arm since she likes to lay near me.and sometimes she just staires at me.i just got her some cat food for free lol i had a coupon i was glad any little bit helps

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
raggie33 said:
cats r so so so so sooooooooooooooooo diferent then dogs.she is so mellow compared to my old dog. she is so dang cordinated.but it does bother me when she gets ready to lay down she kinda does this thing with her paws and sometimes its on my arm since she likes to lay near me.and sometimes she just staires at me.i just got her some cat food for free lol i had a coupon i was glad any little bit helps

Raggie, that thing with her paws - does she make a kneading motion? If that's what she's doing, that's a sign that she's very comfortable with you and sees you as a parent. :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
PhotonWrangler said:
Raggie, that thing with her paws - does she make a kneading motion? If that's what she's doing, that's a sign that she's very comfortable with you and sees you as a parent. :)
yep just like that pw. i assumed it was something like that.i eamn she usaly is no more then 1 inch from me..its weird sometimes i think the cats my decesed mother. cause she was budhist and i dont know nothing about budha but i think they can come back as a amainal when they die. reason i think this is the cat seems so smart.its kinda spooky

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
also if she stares at you and you stare back make sure to blink a couple times -- or close your eyes and look away -- constant unblinking stare can intimidate them. dogs too. it's polite to blink, it means 'I like to look at you but I don't plan to attack and eat you..' ;)

Pokerstud

Enlightened
raggie33 said:
how long would ya think a 20 lb bag a clumping litter will last one cat?

I use that crystal litter, can't think of the name right now, and it's for multiple cats, but I have just one, a tuxedo female named Socks.. The big tub is I think 22#. I clean the box every other day, and completely change out the litter once a month. No odor at all, it's really good stuff.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
very well thank ya but oddly last night she went poop on floor first time she ahs ever done that.she is now hideing cause i vacmned floor

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
This is my one:

"Osama bin Laden"
(because hi always attacks our other cat to push him off the chair)

429398.jpg

Little small devil.....

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie, the only time my cat did that was when he ate that clay dust, it made his poop kind of dense, so I'm guessing it hurt when it was comng out and that made him jump out of his catbox and it 'dropped' while he was on the run..
did your kitty have access to it's box when it happened? was it normal looking poop?
(feel free to pm if you don't want to discuss poop at length here.. :) )

raggie33

*the raggedier*
looked a little smaler then normal but i realy never saw it not in box in litter.i try not to look ewww lol

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
had anything happened to upset him? was the litter box cleaned out when it happened, sometimes they do that if (they think) the litter box isn't clean enough..

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i aint realy sure .maybe i had door closed in my room where she was and her box is in other room but i thought they could hold it a bit.i only run ac in my room so i have her box in aniother room cause i hate the smell who knows what i did lol sometimes im forgetfull

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok so it seems like an isolated accident and not a problem with the kitty.. :)

can you leave the door closed but unlatched, the cat can learn to push it open himself if he wants..?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
My cat is called Pixie - named by my Daughter!!

My cat is mad...

My cat is agressive...very...causes wounds often...

The only other cat I have ever known to be as agressive was called Tinkerbell.

There must be something about Girly names on male neutered cats.

I don't blame them.

OK here he is in the bath, no I don't know why he was in the bath!

495917367_c88d9e855d_b.jpg

He loves to chase flashlight spotty beams - Inova X1 old style etc. Fun...

Be at one with your feline, they are in charge you know.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
now i learned it may not been poop it was whats caled a hairball i saw one at another persons house and fought it was poop to lol.still gorss as hect. o she is a trip when i go for my walks at night or if i even go tomail box she waits at front door to i get home i wonder why she does that dogs do that i didnt know cats do it

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
now i learned it may not been poop it was whats caled a hairball i saw one at another persons house and fought it was poop to lol.still gorss as hect. o she is a trip when i go for my walks at night or if i even go tomail box she waits at front door to i get home i wonder why she does that dogs do that i didnt know cats do it

Hi Raggie!

She might be having a bit of separation anxiety. You can help this by teaching her that you'll always come back when you walk out the door. Try walking out the door for a moment, close the door behind you, then walk back in. Try this for a week. Then gradually increase the time that you wait outside after closing the door behind you. She'll eventually get the idea that you'll be back when you walk out the door.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Hi Raggie!

She might be having a bit of separation anxiety. You can help this by teaching her that you'll always come back when you walk out the door. Try walking out the door for a moment, close the door behind you, then walk back in. Try this for a week. Then gradually increase the time that you wait outside after closing the door behind you. She'll eventually get the idea that you'll be back when you walk out the door.

yeah she is kinda needy for a cat but i love her worst thing is she wants in my room then wants out when im sleeping in winter i just left door open but in sumer i have ac only in this room so i keep door closed

DM51

Flashaholic
You could put a cat-flap in that door, then she could move from one room to the other whenever she wanted, without you having to open the door for her.