got me a cat

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if the kitty is necessarily suffering from 'seperation anxiety' -- just as likely she hears you coming and is glad to greet you at the door and welcome you home..so you can feed her... Some day soon after she gets used to your routine, she'll be asleep when you get home.. (you can still go over and pet her hello ;) )

and -- the kitty should somehow always have access to the litter tray.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well my cat is weirder then first thought

i bought her a nice comfy thing to sleep in i come home to this

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Re: well my cat is weirder then first thought

Cats just loooove to hang out inside boxes. I think it gives them a sense of security, like it's their own little house. They also like to pounce inside of empty paper grocery bags and then hide inside them.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yay, Raggie, finally a picture of your cat! He looks neat, clean and friendly.

atm

Enlightened

Nice cat Raggie :)

That's just what cat's do. Put something out they can get into and they can't help themselves. Over time though the comfy bed will be the favourite and these different things will only be fun until the novelty wares off.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an all black cat - if I put something black on the floor, he will lie down on that. It's like he hides on it. He also likes to rest on a piece of cardboard.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

My cat would enjoy being carried around in plastic grocery bags..

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast

my cat has a thing for paper too. if a sheet of clean flat paper is on the floor, he set down on it..
I wonder why they do it..maybe something to do with choosing a bug-free (smooth and flat) spot to rest, maybe?
But Leon loves his blankets and my sleeping bag too (he stands by it and meows loudly for me to come over and hold it open while he ducks in -- he can do it himself alone of course, but if I'm home he feels I may as well make myself usefull..)

His favorite bed is a cozy he can curl up in -- it's not filled or insulated, it's just some sort of white fluffy poly material, round, about 16" tall, and you fold it down to make a 'collar' -- or fold it up to make a deep 'well'. or put it on it's side to make a cave....I forget what it's called I'm trying to find it..they are very cheap, and you can toss them in the wash...

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast

My cat Malibu has some interesting behaviors as well. For one thing I know, her food bowl is in the corner of the kitchen as normal, but the water dish is in the bathroom outside my room on the counter next to the sink. She likes to climb up onto the counter for a drink every morning then sits there and watches me brush my teeth or shave. She'll follow me downstairs when I'm ready to leave.

I have a similar situation as you do when it comes to where my cat wants to rest. She used to sleep in box lids when she was a kitten and ignores the "bed" we bought for her. As an adult, she seems to have no particular spot to sleep; sometimes she sleeps on my bed, sometimes it's on the floor under my desk, sometimes she goes in my closet and sleeps on my clothes, and sometimes, she sleeps on a chair in my parent's bedroom.

If/when she wants to rub her head against something, it could be anything from the corner of a wall, the bindings on snowboard, my Chaco sandals, or my leg

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

We had one cat that would drink water from the kitchen faucet, She lived at the vet where we got her. We thought she got into that habit drinking from the various sinks there. She would jump up on the counter and wait till someone turned on the water.

Our black cat likes to sleep on his back - legs up - quite a sight to see...

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will, my cat does the kitchen thing too. When nobody is home (or so kitty thinks) he sleeps curled up in the sink..

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

We had one cat that would drink water from the kitchen faucet, She lived at the vet where we got her. We thought she got into that habit drinking from the various sinks there. She would jump up on the counter and wait till someone turned on the water.

Cats have a built-in sense that says running water = fresh water. They will almost always prefer a running faucet to a bowl of water. There's at least one manufacturer that makes a little motorized cat-dish fountain because of this habit.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
she dont seem to grasp the new kitty door she may be dum lol. i tryied to push her threw it but it scared her so i didnt push it.very frustrig since i now have a hole in the door lol fpr now im trying to leave the door open the kitty door i mean

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a toy that she likes, try pulling that throught the door to get her to come after it through the door.
Or put her food on one side of the door and call her to dinner from the other side.

My Felicia was wierd about it too, but she proved that cats can learn a trick or two. ;)

DM51

Flashaholic
she dont seem to grasp the new kitty door she may be dum lol. i tryied to push her threw it but it scared her so i didnt push it.very frustrig since i now have a hole in the door lol fpr now im trying to leave the door open the kitty door i mean
My aunt's cat was the same to start with when a cat-flap was put in for her. She was extremely suspicious of the new hole and refused to use it for a while. My aunt fixed it by putting her food on the other side where she could see it so she had to go through to eat (that was one very greedy cat though lol).

kaseri

Enlightened
Some people clip their cats' fur short in hot weather, but whoever did this one made it look like a poodle. The cat doesn't look too pleased about it.

Poodle-cat.jpg

Just so you all know.. that is the standard method of clipping a cats fur. Cats are VERY difficult to control when clipping them. That photo is exactly what is expected when you bring your cat in for a "haircut". It's NOT abusive.