Hey Surefire!,where's the new A2?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Also, what about an A-MT? You've all seen the E-MT, the A-MT could be downright stupid-simple - it doesn't need any smarts, just one resistor and a Rebel. After all, all of the regulation electronics is already present in the light. Just need to bridge it to the LED with the proper voltage -- does anyone know what the A2 runs at in regulation?

Mily is working at that now for me! :)

mwaldron

Enlightened
Perhaps if you're talking about the single cell Surefires that's near true, but two cell lights like the A2L would be significantly longer. The 60 lumen E2L is 11hrs. And even the latest L5 is 100 lumen for 5hrs advertised.

I suppose I was jaded by my L2. It doesn't perform nearly so well on high. Now that you point it out though it is an old Luxeon...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Now what purpose would that serve?

It extends battery life when running A2 incan lamp. Some people remove ring when they run RCR123's which is ok with the A2 circuit, but not that ok when running the ring.

Bill

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't there enough LED lights out there already, that we need to ruin one of the best incans.

Art Vandelay, RCR's do overdrive the LED's quite a bit, but they are Nichias in the case of the newer ones and seem to be tolerant of high drive current.

I would guess the LED's are nearly twice as bright when I put RCR's in as they are when I use primaries.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't there enough LED lights out there already, that we need to ruin one of the best incans.

Art Vandelay, RCR's do overdrive the LED's quite a bit, but they are Nichias in the case of the newer ones and seem to be tolerant of high drive current.

I would guess the LED's are nearly twice as bright when I put RCR's in as they are when I use primaries.

I suppose they have to be able to handle severely hot operating environments, operating in close proximity to - what, a 5 watt, 5000°k tungsten lamp?

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last call for Classic A2s.

They'll be around for a good long while. I doubt SureFire will discontinue the A2 after the introduction of the A2L. At least not right away. Even if they do, the A2 has been such a popular light for so long on CPF that there's bound to be ample supply of them on the Marketplace.

Regards,
Tempest

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
They'll be around for a good long while. I doubt SureFire will discontinue the A2 after the introduction of the A2L. At least not right away. Even if they do, the A2 has been such a popular light for so long on CPF that there's bound to be ample supply of them on the Marketplace.

Regards,
Tempest
Not to mention Ebay!!

Illum

Flashaholic

Regards,
Tempest

the only things that can possibly go bad in the A2 is the tailcap and lamp...everything else, even if discontinued, should survive at least till my grandchildren is born;)