• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired High current 3AA>1D - 18AA>6D battery adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogao

Newly Enlightened
In for one 6AA>2D for $20 + 1.50 = $21.50
Paypal payment sent!

97guns

Newly Enlightened
payment sent for 6AA>2D ~7.2V: 6 Available $20 each

thanks JH

97guns

Newly Enlightened
how are those tenergy AA's ? would they be ok in a rop build?

mdocod

Flashaholic
They aren't too great. They do work, but they have a little too much internal resistance, and they are very inconsistent in capacity from cell to cell, so they tend to get "beat up" when used in series pack applications quickly... Their lower initial cost really isn't worth it. Get some Sanyo Enloops for your ROP if possible, they are nice and trouble free and come very consistent from cell to cell in capacity. :)

Eric

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: High current 3AA, 6AA, 9AA, 12AA, 15AA, 18AA to 2-6D adapters.

Serial Adapters:

3AA>1D ~3.6V: 2 Available, $25 each *NEW PRODUCT*
6AA>2D ~7.2V: 6 Available $20 each *NEW improved version*
Shipping: 3AA and 6AA adapters:
USA/Canada: $1.50 for first adapter, $1.00 for second adapter.
Send Paypal to [email protected]
Please make note that you have sent payment and what for in this thread, I'll follow up here and make note of whose items have been shipped as frequently as possible.
Please include CPF username and order details in paypal notes.
Charging leads (with alligator jacks) are included with all adapters at no additional cost.
Eric @ Odd Mods

one each 3AA in 1D $25
one each 6AA in 2D $20
ship $1.50 + 1.00

Total $47.50 :paypal:
Thanks,

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic

Orders up to this post are all good to go and will ship out monday, I've just updated the OP of this thread to reflect a "sold-out" status on most of the adapter sizes, I am down to none or 1 on most of them anyways.

I just ordered a mill and it will be in this tuesday, at which point I can get organized in the garage again and get that setup and get back to producing adapters. I have a lot of ideas, and plan to start a new fresh sales thread with a new layout as soon as I start to get inventory built up again. I'll be combining all my battery adapters into a single thread, and adding more designs in the coming weeks/months.

Thank You all for the continued support and business. :)

Eric

mdocod

Flashaholic

mogao,
97guns,
Alan B,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
Eric

97guns

Newly Enlightened
i got mine and am very pleased, resistance seems to be low just by visual observation. im waiting for my enloops to arrive but i tried it out with some alkalines and my low rop bulb. ill be getting another when you have them ready.

please let me know......

Last edited:

full-beam

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

:paypal: $27 for one x 9AA>3D ~10.8V: 5 Available, $22 each *NEW improved version*
International to UK

Regards

Sober

Newly Enlightened
When will you have stock of the 15AA>5D ~18.0Vholder?

Would it be possible to convert this to run some cells in parallel?

I have a Mag 5D that I want to convert to something with 90mins+ runtime, and a decent amount of light... something like a P7 or mag85?

I already have borofloat lense, Mop reflector, Kiu socket ECT...

Any ideas? :confused:

Regards

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi Sober,

I'm in the process of converting the line of adapters to a new design, I can't accurately give a time frame for when I'll have this all figured out as I'm a bit distracted at the moment trying to get the PhD M6 adapter project rolling.

As for 15AA adapters, normally your options are either going to be 15S or 3P5S.... In the case of 3P5S, it's basically a 6V ~6AH battery pack. 5D size NIMH cells would be a 6V ~10AH pack, so it makes more sense to go with the D size cells in that case.

Have you considered running a WA1160 in there on 5 D NIMH cells?

I'm not familiar with recent advancements as far as regulation for P7s, seems like a lot of people are still building direct drive designs for them. That would require a pack setup for 3S5P, which is possible on paper, but may or may not be possible in reality, I wouldn't want to promise anything.

The 1185 build calls for either 3 li-ion or 9 NIMH cells in series, I can't think of any configuration off the top of my head that takes advantage of the space effectively in a 5D mag that achieves this goal. This is why I suggest that 1160 bulb paired to a 5 cell configuration.

Cheers,
Eric

dakingxl

Newly Enlightened
As far as i can see, your still good on the 9AA adapter.

I would like to order 1x 9AA adapter 22$ +5$ shipping. PP sent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.