Hurricane Irma is barreling down towards Miami and chargers are working overtime...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm on the east (Atlantic) coast of Florida. Right now, the eye of Irma is directly across the state from me, on the Gulf coast. It's windy with sideways rain, but everyone is OK with a few limbs down. Oh, and the power went out this morning. Will probably be days before that's fixed.

Glad to hear you and others around you doing well.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, nice to hear some good news from you. Wishing everyone the best.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It's a relief to see that the eye of the storm has closed up as the storm starts to discombobulate from being over land. I hope the flooding from the storm surge isn't as bad as they've been predicting.

markr6

Flashaholic
I can't make out what light is Richard Branson is holding here. One of the cheapo "4000lm" ebay flavors?

He rode out the storm on the islands and is going to help rebuild. I''m sure you can dig up dirt from anyone's past, but this guy is legit.

branson.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I wouldn't trade a square foot of Michigan for the entire Florida territory.

- President Zachary Taylor.

I say this to remind us that once upon a time Florida was deemed uninhabitable by most people in the 19th century.
It goes to show how far we've come in turning the place into a very hospitable location, and after see-ing yet another parade of electrical workers heading south on I-95... Floridians will no doubt rebuild.

So far it sounds like Irma has spared Florida from her worst.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Cheers!

I have a friend down their who is texting me updates. He is keeping his fingers crossed that his cat who ran off last night makes it through the storm.

Another friend is texting using a phone charged by a hand crank device.

Still another was out all night helping local police maintain order at a shelter while passing out food, water and blankets provided by the Red Cross.
Cat's always seem to know where to go and hide. Remember, a mom and kittens came down in the World Trade Center Collaspe. Cat's know what to do. He'll be back!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I can't make out what light is Richard Branson is holding here. One of the cheapo "4000lm" ebay flavors?

He rode out the storm on the islands and is going to help rebuild. I''m sure you can dig up dirt from anyone's past, but this guy is legit.

branson.jpg
A guy with a fleet of 747s risked his life, he could have evaced a ton of people. This guy is a fool. I met him when his airline came to PSP on media day, and he was odd then, like tuned up on something. I said to my self, just go home, this is nothing.

He's another space guy, like Elon Musk, another nut, we didn't go back to the Moon, because there is nothing on the Moon or Mars. That is why congress defunded the Apollo missions, and travel to Mars will never take place with humans. My thing is all the billionaires lost their minds along time ago, and large suns of money do that, (That is true), hence this guy staying on the island for no reason.

Another ugly rich guy house, blown away! with wine cellar, but of course! And the proof is the $5.00 light he was gifted from Bezos. And I wager, not a spare battery in hundreds of miles!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Cat's always seem to know where to go and hide. Remember, a mom and kittens came down in the World Trade Center Collaspe. Cat's know what to do. He'll be back!

Dude lives in a trailer so I suppose his cat was thinking "you think I'm hanging out in that thing during a category 4, you're outta your flippin' mind" lol.

Big batch of Domion Energy trucks heading south this morning.
I speculate between the giant corparation rules and union rules it took a few days to cut through the red tape.
Well that and they were probably staying in their home state in case Irma gave us a pretty good whack on the way north... but now we're watching Jose'...

Perhaps at some point a "hurrican's 2017" thread may be in order if this keeps up. Merging all of the threads if Jose and Katia etc end up making destructive landfalls.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
irma made it so dark

bet power was out for 30 miles .it was fun to me but i could t stay outside it was crazy windy. i learned 25 lumens is plenty in a latern

terjee

Enlightened
Re: irma made it so dark

According to various news reports, about 16 million people in total lost power, 15 million of them in Florida.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: irma made it so dark

Power was out all around me in southeast Florida. My boys and I were lighting up the whole neighborhood. The 4 of us had a Vinh modded flashlight in each hand, one flooder & one thrower. The neighborhood was lit up far more than it normally is with street lights & front porch lights! LOL