Hurricane Rita check in and roll call!!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm back!, we lost power at 1:30 am, It was a bit windy (30-50mph) but not much rain, we got power back at 9:30 pm (@20 hours later), it was a hot and miserable day today but the good thing was that we went to eat at chacho's, the only restaurant open in westheimer.

I'm glad this is over.

AlexGT

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too bad then eh, TimeTraveller? Good.

That sounds great, AlexGT. Ah, Westheimer. Good times.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Like everyone else, CPF was more prepared for the Hurricane this time around. Fortunately our members were spared so thankfully it was more like a drill. Now we have to wonder about our friends in north Texas, north L.A., and Ark.

Glad you folks down south are doing well and thanks for checking in.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
There was some sustained wind in Dallas this afternoon, but other than knowing it was from the hurricane, nothing unusual. I don't think I'm going to see any of that unscheduled overtime. Darn.

My parents in Lufkin came through with no signifigant damage - although a large tree limb or smallish tree mysteriously apeared in their backyard with no hints as to its origins. It's not a neighbor's downed tree or anything... it was just deposited in their backyard without damaging any fences or nearby buildings.

Power is out and there's no gas to be had in the region, but the phones and tap water are working. Maybe things will more or less be back to normal for the workday Monday...

A buddy of mine in the Houston area didn't evacuate and described it as US Media: the boy who cried wolf ... evidently other than the massive traffic jams that he observed, nothing exciting happened to justify the massive evacuation of places so far inland.

Last edited:

Topper

Flashaholic*
jcciv (lighthound) is OK. I got an e-mail about an order I placed a few days ago with no thought as to his home area being threatened by Rita, I just did not think about it or I would have waited. Good thing is he and his are fine so we don't have to worry. I hope we hear from others soon.
Topper