i hate to say i have to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Raggie I hope you stay. You are very important to alot of us here,alot more than you think.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Raggie,

I would like to offer an appology for what happened in chat the other day.
I did see that a couple members were asking you some very hard, straight forward questions.
I do not think that any of them ment it as an acusation, but were curious about a few things.
and decided to ask you a few questions that may have been alittle over the top.
PMs were sent to them in chat, instructing them to lighten up, and stop interigating you.
What happened later on via email is out of my hands.

Weather you are "faking" your "illness" or not,
does not make such an interigation right.

I have had a few things broght to my attention over the last few days, that also got me to thinking,
and ppl are free to ask what they like, and talk about what they like in chat.
But after a certain point I felt it was enough, and that you should be left in peace.

Sorry for your bad expereince.

~John

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
Pydpiper, remove all references to Underground events and attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Underground reference has been removed as requested, but there was no attitude in my post, I am sorry you saw it that way.

cy

Flashaholic
Raggie, Simply let it go..

it's plain that cpf is good medicine for you and for many on cpf you are good medicine for them.

after seeing some pretty hurtful things posted about me, in same place as upsetting you. I was tempted to do the same and go.

Then I came to the conclusion as you should to simply "let it go"

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Raggie ... as well as just ignore, you can probably instruct your email to regard all email from this specific person as junk mail, so you don't even have to look at it.

Some people aim to hurt, all you can do is ignore them and look for the good in the world [as you normally do].

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, Man, Raggie...

If I had 1/10th the true friends here on CPF that you do, I'd be sitting at the computer and logged on to CPF 23 1/2 hours a day.

Don't let a few buttheads deprive you of your friends and your friends of you.

Yeah, sure, I left left CPF myself for six months because there were a very few people that I was to the point that I didn't want to see their names anymore, much less "talk" to them via the forums.

But I had already kind of lost my interest in flashlight stuff even before that.

I came back because my interest in building / modding lights was rekindled, but after coming back, I came to the realization that some of the guys that I couldn't stand before were actually pretty decent fellows, with whom I'd just have to avoid certain non-light related topics....

(That is why I mostly stay in the technical forums, rarely comment in the Cafe, and avoid the Underground like the plague.)

Anyway, Please don't go away from CPF. You have too many friends here, and sometimes you are the only one to inject some level of sanity in some of the more heated discussions.

Besides, your little jokes are usually about the only time I get to smile anymore... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just cant belive some one said that to me i cant impress how much it hurt me.but ive had a few pms and emails that was so kind.i do love to make my jokes i spend like 18 hours a day here. i always check to see if people read my post if it made em laugh

McGizmo

Flashaholic
raggie,
If you do go, be well and know that you have touched many of us in your passing through here! If you stay, know that misery loves company and there are others who have tried to leave as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

It's something about a Hotel California. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

If you do leave, make sure in your heart that it's for the right reasons. If you stay, the reasons don't matter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

big_guy

Newly Enlightened
Some people live in a very dark world Raggie! If they see a little bit of light shining in your world, they can't stand it and want to drag you down into the cesspool with them!

Gee, I didn't even make the connection with flashlights when I wrote that! Weird coincidence!

Maybe that's the problem, raggie. You have lights and they don't! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Seriously, stick around. You can deal with this! I know you get tired of dealing with all the things going wrong in your life, but you're a fighter, raggie! Get off the ropes and back in center ring where you can win by being stronger and outlasting them!

Arlen

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
...the person have said i act the way i do to get free lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raggie, psychologists call that "projecting," as in someone trying to project their own issues onto you because they can't/won't face it themselves. It's a crock, Raggie, and the issue is clearly with that individual, not you. It smells like simple jealousy to me.

This forum isn't about getting free stuff... it's about comraderie, learning, support. Everyone comes to this place with their own ideas, feelings and vulnerabilities. It is a shame when someone tries to exploit someone else's situation out of jealousy.

Try walking in Raggie's shoes, whomever you are, before passing judgement. You will see things differently and come away with a new appreciation for the things that you have.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Hang in there Raggie!

Even if I don't post every single time, your posts make me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif - and so it has now reached even our Angel of the City...Raggie please write me, and tell me who it/they is/are. We may have given you lights, and many (and I mean MANY) kindly donated to your cause in the past. In fact even Don gave you a free light.

But we (or at least I) have given free lights and other stuff to other people too! It doesn't mean they then change their outlook or attitude, because if they like something then they must truly like it -- they do not necessarily then become "cheerleaders" for certain people.

For someone, especially someone you considered a trusted friend, to say something like that about you, and then have another "friend" (yeah, sure) go to the trouble of sending you a message to make sure that you HEAR ABOUT IT knowing how, with your issues, it might possibly affect you, well, that is just going a little too far. Too far indeed.

I will wait for your private communications. Take care and chin up, buddy.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't leave us raggie! every time you tell us your butt is on fireeeeeee or that you're changing your name to Edwardorica or that if I want to find myself I'm in front of the comp screen or ... you get the picture, you really make my day!

I have a lot of :rotflmao: moments (or should I say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif ) as well as many /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif and then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif but then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif with you around.

Stay around, please!

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Yes ... what everyone else has said including myself, but I'm more concerned about your recent pregnancy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...pregnancy? I'm pretty sure he was a stowaway on the space shuttle and when he found out it may not be landing for a few more days - was trying to break it to us gently! Probably hard to share Internet access with those other astronauts! What if they left him on the International Space Station?

We want pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
I see it as necessary to mention that while Raggie's announcement to leave is a significant event, and worthy of discussion, the thread is not going to take the form of "he said she said", "this person's at fault or that one is'. Accusations, blame, and inquiries of who did what will not be tolerated.

By all means, let Raggie know how we've appreciated him. But DO NOT permit this thread to become a taking of sides situation.

The heavier discussion, along with strongly worded and controversial statements can be taken to the Underground.

Ledean

Enlightened
Raggie,
Please stay .
When i open chat the first thing i see is your post cause it is different and interesting.You come up with so many topics and i wonder how you do it .
Your letters are like a daily column in a newspaper but more interesting; and you make us think outside the box.
I know as you put it "i hate to say i have to go".
You sure can , but only for a short while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Take a break but come back.
We need commercial your free letters.
Ledean

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aw shucks, Raggie, don't go. Who's going to tell us great stories? I can still see the guy in the green jacket chasing down those ostriches! And just between you and me, I thought it was really you, and believed every word!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, this one's for you

raggie.gif

Try the following 4 phase therapy plan

Phase 1:
angry.gif

Phase 2:
deal.gif
cheers3.gif

Phase 3 (only if phase 2 doesn't work):
butwiggle.gif