I NEED HELP CHOOSING A PENLIGHT OR SMALL FLASHLIGHT!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How tough does the light need to be and what's your price range. A literal penlight is way to dim IMO to locate any mines.

Good Luck

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Actually, soldiers in the Army get less than the bare necessities. A knife is one example. Soliders generally don't get issued one. Some of the ones available for purchase at the PX are not very.... well, let's just say they're better than nothing.

Same thing with lights.

Energizer makes a penlight that costs about $6 at Target or Wal-Mart. It Uses an LED that won't burn out and it runs on regular batteries.

I would recommend the Streamlight Stylus.... But it runs on AAAA batteries, not a typo. Those can be hard to find here, forget about "over there."

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would honestly say the Fenix P2D or P3D. For combat i would probably suggest the P3D just because of runtime. But as i have read that its hard to obtain CR123 unless in specops you should send for example 2 boxes of 12 surefire CR123 batteries so hes prepared. Those boxes as i remember are very compact and will offer a nice place to store his spare ammo for his light ;)

wrathothebunny

Newly Enlightened
In order of increasing size, the ultimate in compact, efficient, bright "Pen Light" or smaller lights are:

Fenix LOD CE (AAA keychain-sized light)
Fenix L1D CE (AA Short Pen-Sized Light)
Fenix L2D CE (2xAA Long Pen-Sized Light)

www.fenixlight.com

Enjoy!

Latest posts