I want Fenix Forward Clickies!!

smg

Newly Enlightened
...A forward clickie on a light like the Fenix L series, and P2D lights with several levels would be a real PITA...
I guess I don't understand why this would be such a PITA. Let me see if I can explain the behavior as I understand it (maybe I have the operation all wrong)....

Half-press, in order to cycle through the different brightness levels. When the desired brightness level comes up, press fully in order to click and 'lock' it on. Then, a half-press does nothing. A full-press will turn the light off. Leave the light off for X seconds ('X' may be different for different lights) and the level cycling begins at the start again.

Did I get that right?
That type of operation is not so distasteful for my use. Maybe it's just a personal choice. Either way, I'll take a good forward clickie over a reverse clickie almost any time (can't think of a time where I'd specify a reverse clickie).

P.S. Just thinking about it now.... Every single handheld light that I own (not a huge collection) uses a forward clickie; one required modification. I guess that says something about me (maybe I'm a little :sick2: :confused:).

skyline_man

Banned
I wish they would just use a switch that you can click without sticking your finger down into a hole. I could live without it being able to tailstand.

I can think of one example where i don't mind putting my finger down a hole, and another example where i wouldn't want to touch something that is sticking out...:D

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I much prefer forward clickies myself. In fact...just as yourself, I have no lights with reverse clickies. All I was saying is, that reverse clickies take no coordination whatsoever to change the levels in a multi-level light. You are changing the level with the light already on. With a forward clickie, there is some coordination involved, because you are changing the level with the light off. It is easy to mistakenly fully press to a level that you don't desire, or let go of the switch for too long, and then have to start over again either way. I have plenty of two level lights with forward clickies, and two stages is great with the forward clickie....but I personally have found that cycling through several stages with a forward clickie, is less than desirable. The only thing that makes it somewhat better is having a memory function on the light, where it comes on to the last level used.

I'll take a good forward clickie over a reverse clickie almost any time (can't think of a time where I'd specify a reverse clickie).

P.S. Just thinking about it now.... Every single handheld light that I own (not a huge collection) uses a forward clickie; one required modification. I guess that says something about me (maybe I'm a little :sick2: :confused:).

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I don't understand why this would be such a PITA. Let me see if I can explain the behavior as I understand it (maybe I have the operation all wrong)....

Half-press, in order to cycle through the different brightness levels. When the desired brightness level comes up, press fully in order to click and 'lock' it on. Then, a half-press does nothing. A full-press will turn the light off. Leave the light off for X seconds ('X' may be different for different lights) and the level cycling begins at the start again.

Did I get that right?

I believe you are. Just tried it with a forward clicky on my L2D and that's about it. Depending how you want to use the light, it may be a PITA or a big help. If you don't want to use the momentary function, the forward clicky on Turbo locks out the strobe mode until you turn the L2D off and on again. A subtle difference, but if you've had one too many unwanted Strobes with the reverse clicky switch you might like it.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yep.

No wonder CPF is running outta' space !

:cool:

BTW, try saying "Fenix Forward Clickies" several times, real fast.

:)
_

geek4christ

Enlightened
Fenix-store are selling Fenix lego - heads, bodies, tails, Lxx switches seperately.

Wait...what? Really?

I might just be missing it, but I don't see any heads.

Also, I think those Lxx switches are the reverse clicking sort (but I can't really tell for sure because they don't say in the product description).

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Wait...what? Really?

I might just be missing it, but I don't see any heads.

Also, I think those Lxx switches are the reverse clicking sort (but I can't really tell for sure because they don't say in the product description).

They have lego parts except the heads.

They are the reverse clicky style. Click on the whole tailcap and you'll see the description.

RustyKnee

Enlightened
I don't think forward clicky makes much sense for Multilevel (more than 2) fenix lights.....It would do my head in not being able to swap with the light already on, and the accidental full press issue. UNLESS....they copy the Novatac style UI with clicks/presses.

But then I don't see why people lust over forward clicky....but then again I don't "get" surefire lust either lol....so maybe I am not qualified to comment.

Just my opinion.

Stu

radiofreq

Newly Enlightened
Ask and you shall receive. Check out Fenixstore under "tailcaps". They have just listed the forward clicky switch and boot (not the tailcap) which
go into the new LxTv2.0 Q2. I'm ordering two. Thanks David and Matt.