I want Fenix Forward Clickies!!

adnj

Enlightened
Will this work with my retired P2D-CE? Maybe a new forward clickie and a better Cree is in order.

lumenal

Enlightened
I received the new Fenix forward clicky module today and installed it in my L1T V2.0. Nice!! :twothumbs

This new one seems a lot more robust than the old one and gives a nice, crisp snap when clicked fully on.

The pressure required for momentary-on feels about perfect to me...

Only time will tell, but it appears Fenix is going in the right direction with their forward clickies.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I received the new Fenix forward clicky module today and installed it in my L1T V2.0. Nice!! :twothumbs

This new one seems a lot more robust than the old one and gives a nice, crisp snap when clicked fully on.

The pressure required for momentary-on feels about perfect to me...

Only time will tell, but it appears Fenix is going in the right direction with their forward clickies.

Glad to hear this, as I have some on the way. :twothumbs

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I took the forward clickie parts out of my L1T tail cap, and put them in my P2D tail cap, to make what I call...The P2T.

P2t.jpg

I have gone and done this as well, and I must say what a great idea.:thumbsup:

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Anyone else agree that it would be really nice to have a LxT with three brights--low med-high turbo--controlled by twisting the head, and then a simple forward clicky tail?

Q5, of course... I'd pay for that.

Well, IMHO, the selling feature of the LxT is the simplistic nature of the 2 modes. Even back in the days of the first offerings with the 'R' bin Lux3's and the reverse clickies. Now with the Q2's and a great forward clicky, it's even better. :thumbsup:

LargePig

Newly Enlightened
So with a forward clicky on a P3D, to get from off to high you would do:

half-press, half-press, full-press....

And to cycle modes once it's on you do:
full-press, full-press....

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Might have to get me a forward clicky :grin2:

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
we need a forward reverse clicky. I know people are going to jump and say its not possible by its nature but it is. basically if its off and you half press it comes on, If its fully on and you half press it goes off -everybody is happy.

The only problem is the complexity of the mechanics, but its a sure winner.

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Forward clickies are available from Fenix.
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_40&products_id=465
Mine came today. They are easy to fit in the existing tailcap. Just use a pair of nose-end pliers to unscrew the silver retaining ring then the old switch will come out. You have to use the rubber boot that comes with the new switch. The boot is longer so the torch will not tailstand but I don't consider that a problem.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forward clickies are available from Fenix.
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_40&products_id=465
Mine came today. They are easy to fit in the existing tailcap. Just use a pair of nose-end pliers to unscrew the silver retaining ring then the old switch will come out. You have to use the rubber boot that comes with the new switch. The boot is longer so the torch will not tailstand but I don't consider that a problem.

Excellent. :thumbsup: Thanks for the heads-up.

-LT

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened