If it were your money.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
.... save some of the cash for next year's flashlight budget. If you're happy with your collection as-is, just save your money for the next go-round.

this actually isn't bad advice. If you can wait till' the end of the year, and be content with what you have... then pause and wait it out. Any of the retina scorch lights you buy today will be out-dated in 6-12 months time frame. At the very least, you will have that many more choices in ~6 months. Sit on your $400 till' 2011 and see whats available at that time. Meanwhile, if a smoking deal comes up on the marketplace (Lambdalight or a Led Zep M6 are 2 that should be on your list), jump on it.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're happy with your collection as-is, just save your money for the next go-round.

i personally can't understand how anyone can be happy with collection as is, if you're happy, that means you lost interest.
i'm never happy, my collection always changes, i constantly upgrade, redo, and build new lights, i,m not too interested in off the shelf lights, only as hosts, i build\mod my lights. i guess my flashaholizm is at late stage.

bla2000

Enlightened
You have to coach your wife as to the features and benefits of all the lights you currently have. I bore my wife to death about this and that and you know what, after a while she becomes so bored that she either tunes out or walks out of the room!!:naughty:

Everytime I then talk about getting another light, she automatically tunes out and misses the whole conversation regarding the cost etc.

This now works everytime - all I have to do is promise to sell an unwanted light everytime I buy a new one!!! So, I sell a Fenix and buy a Malkoff or I sell a Nitecore and buy a Surefire!!:devil:

It is a great arrangement, although the total number of lights in my collection is not increasing, the quality of my collection sure is on the rise.:thumbsup:

James....

lol, great strategy. Do you have a progress thread? I'd like to see how your collection changes.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
400 eh? Well I'd either go LED and get a modded Surefire. Or I'd get
a HID 35w tactical light like the Torch from that Wicked Lasers site. Which is
bright like the Polarion Helios but only 300 dollars

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've decided to go with Wayne's triple XP-G Blaster. He says it will be easy to upgrade it as new emitters become available to keep it up to date with technological improvements, something the SR91 won't be able to do.

Now to decide on 3D or 4D.