If you could only have one flashlight...

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
at this point it would most likely be mine moded 4d mag, 3xp7, 6 18650's and glo toob white flash cap at the tail.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my SPY007.
If I could only keep one, I think I would go the cool white.
Six adjustable levels are sweet.
Nice balance of throw, spill for my needs.
Tailstand is stable.
Nice size, ease of use.....

The cool white nudges my warm white only on the fact I occassionally need a bit more throw at the cabin for checking stuff at the lake at night.

This light has really spoiled me for others. I "think" I could use an E1L or E2L, more for times when the light might get abused, and I wouldn't want to take the SPY there ( Caving). Not serious caves, but enough to have fun in. AND, either of the EnL's make better loaners.

bigsteve

Newly Enlightened
I have just got my new sr90 and its a great light so i would keep that one:thumbsup:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I only had to have 1 flashlight, it would be my McGizmo Haiku.

And frankly, since the arrival of my Haiku, it has been the only light that I have EDC'd.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
My Dereelight C2H. It has all of the features I want in an EDC. Small, simple u.i. with three good levels and mode memory, super bright, versatile battery configurations, upgradable, GITD accents and a bright white useful beam with a good mix of throw and spill.

Hans

Enlightened
Still one of my HDS B42s, modded with an XPG R5. Four levels, insanely long runtimes on low, *very* bright on high, proven reliability. Plus it's smaller than the RA Clicky ... :D

Last edited:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The practical answer, since I don't really "need" a flashlight often, would be my AAA Ultrafire light since it's easy to carry around (key chain type). This is the one I use the most. It's simple, has no modes and is a twisty.

But, if I really could only have just one I suppose I'd have to chose my Photon Pro since it has a bigger battery, has infinite ramping, is bright but with the ramping can last a long time and can be carried necklace style and has a red led secondary...it's just the most versatile.

I'm more into low level output choices as a practical matter for night walking, camping, bedroom light, etc.

Last edited:

photonwave

Newly Enlightened
I think I would go with my old Mag-lite with the Gall's telescoping baton back-end, except I'd ditch the old krypton bulb and go with a higher-powered Luxeon SMD with a 160 degree viewing angle.

Was definitely one of the most useful lights ever. Keep you safe at night, keeps your path well-lit, and if you wanted to go wander through the brush at night you could knock light stuff aside with ease.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's tough to pick just one but I'd have to say my EDC Fenix LD20. It's plenty powerful enough for 99.99% of my tasks, yet small enough for EDC use. It's also not too expensive so I could afford to replace it if necessary. There's a reason why I carry it with me every single day and that's because it just works.

chaoss

Enlightened
The same light I've been EDCing for the past 4 years... a McLux PD Mizer. Oh yes, sometimes it is nice to have something brighter, but I've never been in a situation where I felt the McLux was in any way insufficient for my needs. I have argued for years that a max of about 60 lumens is quite reasonable, and being no hypocrite I have lived it for years, with that being the max output of my sole EDC.

What matters most to me is that it does everything right. It has a perfect beam with a soft transition from hotspot to spill, it has a deep carry pocket clip, it's nearly impossible to accidentally activate, it has two well-chosen brightness levels instantly accessible, and most of all it is exactly the right shape and size to be comfortable to use under any condition.

This would be my choice as well, now if i could only find one :mecry:.

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Well, if it's one I currently have, it'd be my U2. Nice 8 level light. If it'd be any, I'd say SF M6 with the high-output bulb.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just one eh? :thinking:

Jetbeam Jet-III M R2... it's UI mode/output is configurable and easily satisfies all my requirements :thumbsup:

Databyter

Enlightened
Tk40

Versatility from low level to high, from many types of AA Batteries.

Yea it's a bit bigger, but if I only had one light, better too big than too small.

Efficient, great run time, decent tint, thrower and useful up close at low levels.

Candles in a room or tent well.

Durable, well made.