if you have a turbo head for sf 6p or equiv. answer this

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
i think it's a lanyard system and the regular tailcap is underneath it. i believe it screws off.

- Pete

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Size15's

Flashaholic
Your 12PT (although I call mine the 12PMT because it's a "get out of my face" light)
Is a dingle-dangle light! Leave it a'hanging there and it'll burn a hole in your carpet!

Nice fotogeraf DavidW, it's useful to get the whole flashlight overview as well as the detail...

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
Here's the final result of my "Lego set". An M4'sh Sure Fire. It's a 9P w/A19, T1, MN60 and Z21. (It could easily be a 6P with 2 A19's.) But I think I'll go with the 9P, T1, N2 and Z41.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David W,

Is the beam quality of the MN60 in the T1 as tight as the T1 with N2? Are you sticking with the T1/N2 for size and/or beam?

Also, do you have any sources for the A19 extenders?

Brightnorm

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightnorm,
I can only speak for the lamps I have, but my N2 is round & tight. My MN60 has a 4 or 5 to 1, length to width beam ratio. The MN61 & the MN16 are much better "bright lamp" options. TX

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't tried the N2 yet. When the current set of batts are burned out I'll make the switch. The MN60 has a round spot with 'wings'. So the hot-spot is oblong. Like txwest describes. But the N1 was nice and round. From what I've read the N2 is just as good.

I got my A19's from www.lagger-pro.com

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
i love the N2! i lost 2 outta 3 of my aunts dogs on sat, and the T2 with the N2 is very good for finding lost muts.
grin.gif
the tight focused beam is good for many things like, pissing the neighbors off or getting your self noticed by passing state troopers(no, i didn't shine it at him) and finding the dog(still missing one..)oh well

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my pile of SF parts including the normal 9P parts, an A19 extender, a 3" Turbo head, an N2 3-cell LA for the TH, an MN60 4-cell LA for the TH, and an N62 4-cell LA for the TH.

The P90 works as expected. I can live with the oval beam.

The N2, as many have said said, has a beautiful tight round reach-out beam.

The MN60 beam is the unsatisfactory. I was expecting a wider uneven beam, but I was shocked at the peanut shaped hole in the center of the beam. Does anyone know of any washers or spacers that might be used to refocus the MN60 beam? I doubt if WriteRight would be enough to smooth out that hole. I can't believe that this lamp look the same in an M4 reflector?

The N62 also has a hole in the center of the beam, albeit smaller.

I've read that the MN61 has the nicest 4-cell beam, but I'm hesitant to buy one given what the N60 and MN61 look like.

I really hope that someone has a magic cure spacer suggestion.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
I just received .....A19 extender,.... The N2, as many have said said, has a beautiful tight round reach-out beam......
I really hope that someone has a magic cure spacer suggestion.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lemlux,

No magic solution, unfortunately, but I have a question. WHERE did you get that A19? I have been going nuts trying one

Brightnorm

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
Here's the final result of my "Lego set". An M4'sh Sure Fire. It's a 9P w/A19, T1, MN60 and Z21. (It could easily be a 6P with 2 A19's.) But I think I'll go with the 9P, T1, N2 and Z41.

M4sh.jpg
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the A19 knurled? For some reason I thought they were smooth.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted, you wouldn`t happen to have been corresponding with little Aragorn, have you? Or is there a laughter quota that needs to be met, and since Trev upgraded to version 2.0 (less HaHas)) you`ve opted to help meet that quota?
tongue.gif

Or have I drunk too much and should just get to the point? Yep, that`s the one.....
bigdrink.gif

Anyways I would assume you`re responding to the reference to "A19"?

A19 is not an anacronym or secret code, but a SureFire accessory part number. It is a screw-on extension adapter that allows an extra "123 type" battery to be added, along with a higher voltage lamp assembly, primarily to a 2 cell light. It essentially converts your 2 cell SureFire light into a 3 cell (brighter) one without buying a whole new torch, and sort of saves money too.

Pretty nifty really...
wink.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris,
I think he's refering to the whole list:

M4, 9P, A19, T1, MN60, Z21, 6P, N2, & the ever popular Z41.
xyxthumbs.gif
TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
But that's why you hang around, right?
laugh1.gif
TX (BTW, you put your "D" in the wrong spot)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

whaddaya mean d in the wrong spot? that's a soft 'mahd' - drawn out, like Charlie Heston in Soylent Green; "...mahhhhd...etc"
yours truly,
Ted 'thah' Led
;> )
(edit, or was it Planet of thah Apes?)

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
... The MN60 beam is the unsatisfactory. ... hole in the center of the beam. Does anyone know of any [way] to refocus the MN60 beam? ... I really hope that someone has a magic cure ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really do have a magic cure for the problem !!

lemlux: you just contact SFCS ......

lightlover
smile.gif
wink.gif

(SFCS - that's SureFire Customer Service, Ted)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok that's it. I know what you're all doing, I know you're all PMing each other behind my back, "yeah, yeah, go ahead, use more acronyms, we've got him on the edge now!" - trying to drive me crazy with acronyms. Well I'm onto your game, and I'm telling you it won't work! It won't work! hahahahahhahahaheeeeeeerraaarrrrggg!!!! (fit of coughing, a sputter, some drool, a jerk, flips out of chair onto floor...some rolling, then quivering..)