Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This
CFhB6Lql.jpg

oAO1r53l.jpg

For
YaCR4Uwl.jpg

Single mode 319a 4k, need dark but impressed so far. Not too tight hot spot, seems broader than the 219b(to my eyes anyway). Tint is quite nice as well................
I have been debating ordering one of these for a while. I plan to use it in the new heads when Mark releases them. Please let me know what you think after some use. Thanks Ven👍.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have a few lights coming in but the one I'm most excited about is a NASA spacepen light that started as a kickstarter project and was introduced here a few years back.when I first saw the thread on this light I knew I would get one someday. It's simple K.I.S.S design and rugged build quality caught my eye.other then 1-2 posts about it I haven't heard how people liked it. I'll give her the shake down when I get it and let you all know what i think of it

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I have an Emisar D4 coming.
This will be my first pocketable multi-emitter light and also the first enthusiast level light I've bought in a long time. My flashaholism has been on a break these past years. It woke up when I saw a picture of the Zebralight SC700 on facebook.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I don't usually like designs that sacrifice efficiency, but the Emisar is very, very intriguing. Deciding which version to order was a hassle. Too many LED options for me!
I also haven't considered myself very lumen-hungry for a long time. I still EDC my Thrunite Scorpion V2 (5000K special edition) which, running on 18650 will put out 600 lumens max on a good day - measly by today's standards, but it has always been more than enough and the UI is the best I've ever known.

Now I need to order some 18350s. My old IMR 16340s will not cut it in that insane hod rod.

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an incandescent P60 module on its way for my empty Surefire 6p host. This is more for nostalgic reasons than other uses but it will be an around the house light.

SWE

Newly Enlightened
I have a half dozen 6Ps (don't ask) on their way. I'm planning to burn out some 60 lumen incandescent bulbs and see what all the fuss is about.

I've loved SureFire's simple and rugged designs for years but somehow never picked up a 6P. Excited to finally own one (or 6..)

ven

Flashaholic
I have been debating ordering one of these for a while. I plan to use it in the new heads when Mark releases them. Please let me know what you think after some use. Thanks Ven.

Sorry missed this, been using in rotation with a bones for dog walks. The stupid simple single mode is great, near 400lm of usefulness, just enough to push through artificial light(street). The hot spot is larger/wider than the OE bulb. Does not overwhelm on closer up use outside either(not too focused). Not a thrower, but more a general all round beam. Temp is 4k and is 80CRI, tint wise is like a slight dirty cream type(not much yellow to my eyes). Not hugely different to say the sst20 4k as one example. Iirc the other choice is the xp-g3 which is a no no for me.

For $38 it's decent, no regrets .

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry missed this, been using in rotation with a bones for dog walks. The stupid simple single mode is great, near 400lm of usefulness, just enough to push through artificial light(street). The hot spot is larger/wider than the OE bulb. Does not overwhelm on closer up use outside either(not too focused). Not a thrower, but more a general all round beam. Temp is 4k and is 80CRI, tint wise is like a slight dirty cream type(not much yellow to my eyes). Not hugely different to say the sst20 4k as one example. Iirc the other choice is the xp-g3 which is a no no for me.

For $38 it's decent, no regrets .

No problem and thanks for all the info again Ven👍. I am new to these style of dropins. If I like this form factor I may have to try and find a minty black HA E1 of some kind like you have(I like the LF repro stuff but, am a sucker for the US made real deal even though they are so much more expensive😔).

ven

Flashaholic
No problem and thanks for all the info again Ven. I am new to these style of dropins. If I like this form factor I may have to try and find a minty black HA E1 of some kind like you have(I like the LF repro stuff but, am a sucker for the US made real deal even though they are so much more expensive😔).

I only give the equivalent to 50 bucks for the e2d. Keep an eye out, it's not too hard to get a good deal and that's in the UK!
Me too, I have a thing for USA stuff, heck I seem to have a thing for most things lol.

biscuit2

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this is a double post.
I discovered the flashlight community a few years ago after we moved to the country and was looking for a good light. I ended up with a BLF D80, XinTd, and an Astrolux S1. All great lights. Been EDCing the s1 with the 18350 tube for quite a while.
Well. I mistakenly decided to see what was new in the flashlight world after a couple years away. I now have a BLF Q8, Emisar D4, D4s, olight s1r iiti, and an olight s1 mini on the way. 😬.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only give the equivalent to 50 bucks for the e2d. Keep an eye out, it's not too hard to get a good deal and that's in the UK!
Me too, I have a thing for USA stuff, heck I seem to have a thing for most things lol.
Not sure what you mean? You only paid $50 for your E2D incan? If so, that is a great deal.

I have been watching but, no luck. All the incan E-Series in good or new shape seem to go for big bucks it seems. I will keep my eyes pealed though.

It's funny because neither of us live in the states either lol. I too have a thing for things😂.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone

....including that darn flashaholic bug that re-bit me towards the end of 2018, and is still going strong. Thankfully this is one of the least expensive hobbies out there. But still.... ThruNite TN12 2016. And a Maglite incandescent 6C-cell model. Along with 2x16340 Fenix brand cells. Then Original SOE gear 4xCR123 battery wallet (w/ belt loops).

Okay, so that particular black Maglite isn't exactly inexpensive anymore. And yes, I will be removing it from the horrifically yellowed blister pack once it arrives.... from Hong Kong.

The ThruNite? Sadly, SureFire has lost complete interest in the U2. Clearly a light ahead of its time with the rather limited output you could get at the highest setting, and with no strobe mode built-in either. As far as the variety and various modes you can get from a pocket clip carried 2xCR123 light goes.... Yeah, I'm going to say it. This ThruNite is the nearest thing out there to a spiritual successor as far as mode selection goes. Durability? Nope! But far from fragile junk. Ironically I already own one. Bought it about 2 years back. But you guys know how it is.... Get two if you can before it's "improved," "upgraded," or just flat out discontinued!

Last edited:

Latest posts