interested in Gmail ?

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I too have a couple invites for CPF. Send me a PM with your email address.

I'd give more, but I am sending one to myself (so I can have on with my real name for people I know, and one with my screenname for people I don't), and at least one is going to go to a friend.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, 6 days and still no invites. I've been using it and even sent a suggestion, so I guess I'll keep waiting. I think they're sending them all to kongfuchicken! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing there yet- I was looking in the inbox too. At least I know where to look now! Thanks Tater Rocket. Enjoying this weather? Not bad for late June! I'm sure we'll pay for it later.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's odd!
for the second time, google gave me 6 new ones as soon as I managed to give out my remaining ones... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Dang I hope that's not a bug that will get me banned from gmail...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hey can some one email me maybe that will work dont say anything in email or just say hi there has to be away to get em to show up lol my email is

Last edited:

rdf

Newly Enlightened
raggie,
Dunno if it will help or not, but I sent one to your Gmail acct from my freebie, spam-magnet Yahoo acct. Cheers.

Russ

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Fitz said:
Nothing there yet- I was looking in the inbox too. At least I know where to look now! Thanks Tater Rocket. Enjoying this weather? Not bad for late June! I'm sure we'll pay for it later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck yeah! This morning my preacher remarked "for all you visitors from texas and arizona, yes this weather is typical. We always have temperatures this nice and low humidity in june". Heck, at 11 when I mowed the yard in jeans and a heavy tshirt it still wasn't too hot. This weather is great. Last summer wasn't too bad either. Hopefully the rest of this summer stays fairly mild too. Thus far it has been pretty good. Though, last summer was kind of chilly in may and early june! I was a lifeguard at a water park in branson, so I got wet some and froze the first few weeks.

stockwiz

Enlightened
They gave me 6 invites after only sending a couple emails. Used one on myself, will use one or two for relatives and friends, with 2 which I gave away here to the two people that PMed me first.

Edited: Invites are accounted for

rdf

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
thank you russ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
np, raggie. Hope it helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

stockwiz

Enlightened
rdf and pc_light, your invitations are on the way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am fresh out of invites at the moment, if some more come my way I'll let others know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Can anybody get http://jaybe.org/screens.htm that product to install? It sounds great, it would be nice to access my gmail with outlook, now that I found out you can leave a copy of the message on the server (though I'd still prefer it acted like imap and would mark it as read on the server too after you read it). However, when I try installing it, it pops up an error. Fails to initialize or something, I don't remember. I got it unzipped and all, but can't get it to install. Grr.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tater rocket- did you look at the forum for this? It seems a lot of people are having similar problems to yours.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys, but I haven't been getting any invites to give out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif As soon as I get some, I'll post here how many.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I've been using Gtray for a couple of days now and here's what I've found so far.

It seems to work fine most of the time but if you tell it to check now, it doesn't tell you what it found and it then treats any new stuff as old, so don't check now. Also, today it kinda died in the arse, and I couldn't close it properly. since then, it only tells me of new messages when I close it down and re-open it. That's pretty useless.

I tried leaving the bubble there as if I didn't notice it. It won't go away, so that's OK, but if I lock the workstation or the screen saver comes on, then it does disappear, and won't notify again.

The other annoying thing is that while it's checking, every 10 minutes or whenever, you can't type anything. If you're like me, and you don't always look at the screen while typing, you look up and half a sentence is missing. It means lots more proof reading.

I wish these problems were gone, otherwise it's great. Maybe I will just wait for an update. I suggested to Gmail that they make some similar app, so we'll see about that too.

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
On the other hand, Pop Goes the Gmail (PGTGM) is working great now! I did have to install that .net framework or whatever, but the 22 megs didn't take long to download on my 2 or 3 megabit cable modem (though I was only getting 115 kilobytes per second download instead of 200+)

I just chose a couple random ports, then realized I had to set up an account in outlook. Did that, took about 3 minutes. I also set up a filter so my gmail account goes to a seperate folder. I can't wait for the next version, it will HOPEFULLY allow for multiple accounts. I now have two, one that is 'spudgunr' (my REAL screen name) and another that has my name (though I had to go lastnamefirstname since the other was taken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Anyway, it works great, I have it set to check emails every minute. It reminds me of being back at school, responding to people within 3 minutes of receiving an email.

So, overall, I do suggest PGTGM, however, it'd be nice if you didn't have to install that framework to get the program to install. Since the program is so small (a 200k zip) it isn't hard to download and try it out to see if you have to do anything else.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have invite code for the gmail. Pls PM me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif