Introducing the SPY 007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of adding 2 trits to the SPY. The stealth does have trit slots, doesn't it?

In a few seconds I was fixed on the color. Perhaps I watched too many movies before hanging around on CPF, but the name of the light strangely reminds me of a movies series, especially the beginning, where you see through the barrel of a gun, then a shoot falls and the screen gets RED... :huh:

My handcrafting skills are very limited, so I fear I could mess up the installation. I'll get the trits and the Norland now, but I would need some advice on how to proceed exactly with the SPY so that the final result won't look like I have done the operation. I hope I won't need any UV oven or whatever?

I'm sure there are people who have done this already! In addition to advices, it would be nice to see some pictures of installed vials in the SPY 007 picture thread! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of adding 2 trits to the SPY. The stealth does have trit slots, doesn't it?

In a few seconds I was fixed on the color. Perhaps I watched too many movies before hanging around on CPF, but the name of the light strangely reminds me of a movies series, especially the beginning, where you see through the barrel of a gun, then a shoot falls and the screen gets RED... :huh:

My handcrafting skills are very limited, so I fear I could mess up the installation. I'll get the trits and the Norland now, but I would need some advice on how to proceed exactly with the SPY so that the final result won't look like I have done the operation. I hope I won't need any UV oven or whatever?

I'm sure there are people who have done this already! In addition to advices, it would be nice to see some pictures of installed vials in the SPY 007 picture thread! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

The stealth bodies have trit slots.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know. Pardon my ignorance but what kind of batteries do these take?

All spy 007's can be run on primary CR-123 cells or rechargeable RCR-123 (16340) cells. The rechargeable cells can be any chemistry that you can find. All 007's are factory programed to run at 1000mA on the highest level (knob position 6). If you want to up the current in the XP-G(2) lights you can do that with primary cells as they can take the maximum current. However if you want to run the XM-L(2) lights at their max power you will need the IMR cells.

All SPY flashlights require two batteries. They set in the light side by side (double barrel), not end to end as in most flashlights. That is why the SPY has such a high power and energy rating and still fits the EDC category.

Cheers
Dave

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Oooh, very cool.

I feel like a lost boy that just wandered into a Porsche dealership.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can ramp up the XM-L2 to 1400 , same as the XP-G2 of primary batteries, and still have a ton of light and decent run times.
I have both, and depending on my mood, they are both favourites for different reasons.

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Hello
I do have one 07 # 0227 that failed today . The switch is only possible to get to level one . Only possible for 1 click and then it stops . Is that a easy problem to repair ?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, send it back to me and I will fix it. What has happened is the screw that holds the PCB down, has come a little loose. The knob has a flat blade like a screwdriver, the switch has a single slot. They can be assembled in proper phase or 180 degrees out of phase.

If you are handy, loosen the screw that holds the PCB in place and lightly wiggle the knob till it disengages from the rotary switch. Then turn the knob 180 degrees and push the PCB back down so it re engages. This requires patience. It will sometimes take quite a bit of playing. Do Not use force at all. The switch will only rotate through 7 positions as it has a rotation stop built in. The knob also has a very strong rotation stop.

Cheers
Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Thanks .
I will see what I can do tomorrow when back at home .
Thanks
Best regards O.R

Last edited:

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Hello Sir .
Thanks for the help .
The 007 is now back at normal levels with the switch .

Best regards O.R

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you got it to work.

Best light ever. I have so meny Titanium lights, but I always carry a spy............................ no matter what............................ Love it...................

dbleznak

Enlightened
I must say, since getting my 007 #0602 about 2 months ago, I am flabbergasted, enthralled, enamored, "blown-away" and just plain "in-love" with this amazing piece of Art/industrial-wonder/ergonomic triumph. Thanks Dave.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.