I've been Lurking...

Streamer

Enlightened
Great Forum! I just hooked up with it the last few days. You guys made me dust off my old 6 Cell maglite (1987 vintage) and I got it fired up with new batteries and a new 6 cell bulb from Radio Shack. It Lives!! Then i had a moment of weakness and ordered a couple of Streamlights..TT models..3C and a 2L. Thought I was through..ran across the Brinkman Max Fire LX at Target and snatched it up for 16 bucks...geezzz..you guys got me started... I never had any idea a forum like this even existed! I'm already interested in the Crees but I don't really need ANY MORE lights at the moment...well maybe one Cree. Got my eye on that U2 at Deal Extreme but waiting til they produce the one that uses 2 cr123's at 1200ma. Sounds bright as all get out..GREAT FORUM GUYS...You're Costing me MONEy now...LOL

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to cpf. This is a great place where you will learn the best lights to buy to bully the dark and your savings.

Schnotts

Newly Enlightened
I know what you mean. I just bought the biggest, fastest snowmachine money can buy and it's got 2 lights!! I'm already trying to figure out how I can make em' brighter.

sb0007

Newly Enlightened
welcome and join in the wallet weight reducing forum... heheh.....

TorchMan

Enlightened
Welcome! The Twin Task 2L was one of my first "serious" lights. I still remember debating if I'd pay the $35 or so for it. Seemed like a lot for a flashlight back then. I like it alright, but the incand seems to love battery juice. The Surefire A2 (Aviator) is a much more refined version, but it's price reflects that! Your TT 2L is a pretty good light, but if you enter the high end price stage of flashaholism, you'll probably you want a hybrid incan/LED like the A2!

I like that you realize the spending is not your fault, but the fault of this site and it's members! I agree 100%. I tell my wallet that all the time. :grin2: :whistle:

Just...one...more...light...!

Streamer

Enlightened
Yeh. Didn't take long to go through a C note for a couple torches..but hey, I need them for the Hurricane season along the Gulf Coast..heh heh....
ANYONE have any info on the Brinkman Maxfire LX bulb replacement? Brinkman wants 14 + bucks including shipping for one xenon 6 volt bulb!! Too MUCH IMO. I could buy another new Maxfire for 2-3 dollars more. It didn't come with a spare bulb and after searching around I see people reccomending the SF 60P as a replacement. Now,is this reccomending to change out the whole Lamp Assembly? Too costly in my opinion also. I found three 800ma, 6 volt, 90 lumens, P60 replacement BULBS ONLY for 7.99 shipped. Is it possible to just replace the Xenon bulb instead of the whole flash assembly from a SF 60P ? I didn't take the bulb out of the Maxfire's flash assembly because it resisted removal and I do not want to risk breaking it before it burns out on its own. . Is it possible to just change out the xenon bulb or am I missing something here?

Last edited: