JETBeam RRT-0 Overview With Lots of Pictures

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Got my JETBeam RRT-0 Today

ah crap. i dont know why its so hard to get this right. Jetbeam even specifies that it will tailstand....
i just dont get it!!!

Yeah that was my impression when I saw the pictures of it and then read that it's supposed to tailstand. :shakehead But beyond that and the cool tint, the only question I have left is how well does it regulate on both 14500 and NiMh. Can't wait for a runtime graph from one of the awesome reviewers.
:)

Thanks for the first impression and pics.

pipspeak

Enlightened

It does seem awfully long for a single AA light (and even for a single 123 light). Nice looking tho.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK....I have slept on it with great contemplation, and have decided with unreserved clear mindedness and pure objectivity that the RRT-0 is the beautiful, sexy, hunk of hardware that beguiled me yesterday when she first came in to my life....:laughing:

Ehemmm :oops:.....So anyway, I will be getting a few more pictures up later today. Unfortunately outdoor beam shots will not be coming for a couple of days. We have a huge honking storm passing over us that's dumping a ton of rain. One thing that I did discover is that the Surefire F04 diffuser and F05 red filter fit perfectly on the RRT-0 :twothumbs

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey didnt realize where you lived.....were also getting all this rain as well.....but no power outage so far....too bad since i have most of my lights ready as well. Its a shame about the clip, but that would not stop me from getting it anyway.

Moonshadow

Enlightened

Nice looking light . . . but those beamshots: ring-o-rama !!! :eek:

And . . . are they as green-looking in real life ? :green:

I, too, would be interested in a side-by-side with the Extreme.

dudu84

Enlightened

Looks very beautiful indeed!
Does the ring give a good tactile feedback when turning?
It'll be awesome if such a tiny light can throw 200 meters :thumbsup:.

Too bad the strobe is gone though :/

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, btw, your 6th picture ays it's a LF2XT... That's actually a LF3XT. :p

I don't get why people are complaining about the light being long... it' going to be longer than average with the selector ring. That's a given. :thinking:

sed6

Enlightened

Can anyone speculate if the tailswitch from another Jetbeam light will fit the RRT-0? This one looks too fat compared to the others they have. I don't care if I lose the tailstand ability.

csadzuki

Newly Enlightened

This one looks really nice! :hitit:

Do any of the JETBeam owners have experience/comments on the reliability of the Raptor series (especially the selector ring, etc.)?

If only reliability was considered, which one would you guys recommend: the RRT-0 or the Surefire E1B?

Thanks and sorry for the n00b questions. :whistle:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

ah crap. i dont know why its so hard to get this right. Jetbeam even specifies that it will tailstand....
i just dont get it!!!

Here it is next to my SF ME1B. The SF has the slightest wobble to it also...But they both tail stand with no problem.

Dsc01580.jpg

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

And . . . are they as green-looking in real life ?

But beyond that and the cool tint....

Thanks for the first impression and pics.

You are welcome:) In real life the beam is very neutral...even leaning slightly toward the warm, while my SF ME1B leans slightly to the cool. Don't know if this helps, but here it is next to my SF ME1B.....Both on high.

RRT-0andSFME1B.jpg

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks very beautiful indeed!
Does the ring give a good tactile feedback when turning?
It'll be awesome if such a tiny light can throw 200 meters :thumbsup:.

Too bad the strobe is gone though :/

I personally don't miss the strobe. Both it's bigger brothers have it, but for an EDC...I don't have a need for it. The ring has an excellent tactile feel when turning. It stops in the indent setting spaces very nicely with just enough resistance to keep it from accidentally changing levels, but not too much to make it difficult to turn. Very nice!

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool...thanks for the review and pics so far! :twothumbs

I can't wait for you to post some outdoor beamshots. How would you say the build quality is compared to an E1B? How do the threads feel in comparison?

I ask because I've owned an E1B nearly since they were originally released and it's been an excellent EDC, but I really like the idea of 1-240 lumens via a selector ring. My poor E1B has probably been dropped nearly 100x and still runs fine (it has been one hell-of-a light). This would be my first JETBeam and would possibly rotate in EDC duty with my SureFires. :)

Thanks,
Robert

KAP

Newly Enlightened

i just got mine and i'm less than excited with it. in fact, i'm thinking of exchanging it already.
the selector ring feels loose and can switch out of its mode way too easily, it does not tailstand as advertised, and the rings with the SMO (i ordered OP) reflector are horrendous. i was so excited for this light - my Jet-III pro v3 is the nicest light ive come across and i carry it everywhere.
nevertheless, the build quality is outstanding, the threads are perfect as well as the knurling and anodizing.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

the selector ring feels loose and can switch out of its mode way too easily, it does not tailstand as advertised, and the rings with the SMO (i ordered OP) reflector are horrendous.

It sounds like you may have gotten one that passed through QC with some defects. What ever dealer you used I'm sure will be happy to replace it for you. My selector ring is nice and firm, and it tail stands very well. Not as well when turned off, but when clicked on...it is much better. This is my fifth JETBeam in under 3 months, and they have all been perfect thankfully. I am sure your dealer will satisfy you with no problem.

pipspeak

Enlightened

Right, but only if you compare it with a twisty light... Show me a smaller forward clicky light with a selector ring. ;)

the ring, the ring... I might be able to excuse the length for that. How long is it with the AA tube?

Quark AA tactical, for example, is 98mm or 3-7/8" from bezel to end of clickie (non-tectical is probably slight shorter). That's what I would call a reasonable size for an AA light that could be EDCed.

Konad

Newly Enlightened

Mine came today too. I am less excited now that it is here than the previous anticipation. It is a beautiful looking light with great build quality. I have the SMO reflector - terrible rings! Anyone able to report on the OP?
I like the concept of the Jetbeams but there are always reasons for me not to keep them. All of my Quarks have been outstanding. Not as good looking, but functionally superior.

Latest posts