Jetbeam RRT01 2020 - Now it has a clicky!

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this in the msg inbox
They are available at Nealsgadget also[emoji41]
635fd566f794e1d49e5820469f2afcce.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

aau007

Enlightened
so BJ had a deal that for the same price, they included the extender kit. guess they took that away now the shipping date is so close.

the 01 and 03 looks like the same size. does the extender kit not work on the 03 so it is 18650 compatible?

boo5ted

Enlightened
Oh wow, didn't realize the 03 was 1400lm. Might actually pull the trigger on my first rotary now.

Jeffg0330

Newly Enlightened
Fasttech is listing the Nichia 219C color temp at 3500K. That's about perfect for me.

diablo266

Newly Enlightened
I have 3 2019 rrt01's modifies with sst-20's i'd love nothing more than to upgrade them to support 18650's. Does anyone know if the extension tubes are available for purchase on their own?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

If using a Panasonic 18500 in your 2020 RRT01, you will need to add a drop of solder to the positive of your cell to make it work.
There's anti-polarity protection and the stock Panasonic doesn't complete.

this is really no big deal & it's part of our hobby

Tip: w/ fine sandpaper, key the positive of the cell in a couple directions, this will ensure the solder drop has something to bite into & stay intact.
then w/ the cell straight up & down , sand a nice flat spot on you solder drop (having the sandpaper on a hard surface)

It looks factory & it took me just over 5 minutes to do two Panasonics,,, nice 18500 light!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind steps if they are small logarithmic increments.

If you have not tried smooth stepless ramping, you dont know what you are missing.

I tried both, I much prefer RRT-01 Stepless ramping.

I sold my HDS Stepped Rotary when I discovered RRT-01 Stepless ramping.

the stepless RRT-01 is also a lot less expensive than the 24 step HDS

and fwiw, the HDS logarithmic steps, create 12 separate levels below 2 lumens..

From my experience, I find Logarithmic steps create too close spacing at lower levels, and too wide spacing at higher levels.

recDNA

Flashaholic
If you have not tried smooth stepless ramping, you dont know what you are missing.

I tried both, I much prefer RRT-01 Stepless ramping.

I sold my HDS Stepped Rotary when I discovered RRT-01 Stepless ramping.

the stepless RRT-01 is also a lot less expensive than the 24 step HDS

and fwiw, the HDS logarithmic steps, create 12 separate levels below 2 lumens..

From my experience, I find Logarithmic steps create too close spacing at lower levels, and too wide spacing at higher levels.
I have both. No real preference. I have a v11 too

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used both an HDS and a SWM V11R and I don't really understand why stepless is preferred. I've never been in a situation where one mode was too dim but the next too bright. They could probably be spaced out even further before that became an issue.

Is it just an aesthetic thing that you like the look of continuous ramping?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just an aesthetic thing that you like the look of continuous ramping?

I disliked the stepped ramping so much that I would close my eyes when turning the dial

I felt like the stepped hops were similar to flashes from a strobe.

I also felt that using 50% of the dial below 2 lumens was unnecessarily close spacing. 12 levels below 2 lumens was a waste of dial, to me.

Last edited: