• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Jets22"Blackbird" Run2 Part2

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jets22\"Blackbird\" Run2 Part2

Yep, IIRC Psychomodo paid 6/18/04 as did I. However as mentioned above, Fitz made a post on 6/29/05 of "Paypal sent" but he received his 06/10/05.

I don't know when this was written but I just saw this in Brock's Profile:
"Location FL (soon to be PA.)
Bio I will be relocating my family to PA. (Mid month)
I will be moving accounts for e-mails and revising things as needed during the cross country move. Be back soon Everyone.. thanks and talk soon

BK"

-LT

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi guys I was just looking at this thread. Just so you know it took a year from pay pal to delivery. While I admire Brock and his flashlights (especially the finish). I hate to say this but the Pre-Pay system just is not working here. Personally I do not think I will participate in them any more.
It really is not fair to take peoples money and the make them wait 1 year to get the goods. I had the same issue with Dspec up north as well. There is a better way. I understand that some times disasters and sickness can get in the way. Personally I think that there is a whole bunch of pressure on Brock to finish. He has collected money and now has this build hanging over his head. What a terrible feeling it must be.
Brock I support you. I also think that when you are holding these monies people deserve better communication. The Broken E-mail thing sounds like an excuse. G-Mail and Hot mail accounts are free and require no internet account. They are HTML based and are accessible from anywhere in the world. I still have the first mail I received on my g-mail account.
Please don't follow the path of some others on CPF follow through at least with regular communications.
Just my thoughts.
Yaesumofo

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
PayPal for my Blackbird was sent on 07-16-04! Anyone been waiting longer than that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very close with a July 9th paypal.

Psychomodo

Enlightened

I didn't know there were so many still oustanding. I'm sure Brock will sort us all out before too long.

lstarks

Newly Enlightened

#592419 - 06/11/04 08:25 AM

paypal sent - can't wait

Psychomodo

Enlightened

I make it ten of us are on the "waiting" list:
Lunal Tic
Rudi
Sakugenken
Justone
Istarks
Halibut
Roy
Mudman
GJW
Psychomodo

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

If there are any recent recipients still checking in, did your BB come with a "hanger box"?

I always thought those were slick but info on them sort of got swallowed up. I never read if the ones that were incoming ever made it.

-LT

Jets22

Enlightened

OK. we landed in PA. What a stressful trip with the family moving cross country. I just got a DSL service hooked up today and Bellsouth killed my old account after I told them to keep the e-mail alive.. (just found that out couple days ago) Soon as my new e-mail is started I'll update that iun the profile..PM still work. E-mails to the old accounts have been killed and lost..they said 99.9% they will not be able to retrieve them. I have 3 of the last BB's built out befor I left Florida and will be posting some PM.s as soon as I pull my list out of the mound of boxes. Just a quick post to let everyone know what's up and looking forward to being up and running. thanks

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great to hear you're out of Florida, Brock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

That was one very tough year for you and being close to family will be good. I guess you'll be putting the Aloha shirts and Guayabera's in storage, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Psychomodo

Enlightened

Thanks for the update Brock - we all appreciate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

again as I've said earlier, we wish you the best in health and prosperety. now it gettin to be winter time to unpack those sweaters and gloves and start shoveling that "white stuff"..lol

Thanks for the update.

Doug

Jets22

Enlightened

Don't mention 'SNOW" to my wife.....I didn't tell her about that little added bonus yet...thanks guys

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

snow!!!! I din't know you get snow, I've only seen lots and lots of "white stuff" piled high as a house all over the place...lol

doug

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened

Great to hear that the move went well. Now time for the unpacking (it took us about a year when we moved!).

Rudi

Enlightened

I'm looking at average life expectancy tables and wondering whether I'll see my BB before I die?

analogguy

Enlightened

Has anybody heard from Brock lately? Just wondering how many BB are left to go in run 2.

Jets22

Enlightened

I'm here looks like the Verizon E-mail is working fine and the wife is taking care of the baby now...so I can start with the shop build here in PA. I will be sending some PM's out hopefully today or tomorrow.. Thanks all..drop me a pm or e-mail now that I have reliable service.. thanks everyone