Just for fun - solve this code

Illum

Flashaholic
It is just an X Y plot. Now you can see that the data was not really encoded. The key was the method for applying it.
cpf.jpg

I left the flashlight graphic out of the initial data so it wasn't too big.

In Jr. highschool back in 1982 my best friend and I made them and we traded them. Not the most efficient way of transferring messages, but it allows for graphics too. It was fun solving them to see what the message was. I had intended on making a computer program so I could type in the line number and letters and display the image onscreen, but he didn't have a computer and we eventually got bored with making them.

I had some of these old papers in a shoe box in the closet and I was reminded of them when I was looking for something else. I thought I'd try it out here on CPF

I figured it was something like this....just mine looked nothing like your graph :eek:oo:

I marked in the wrong places on the first time, so after alot of eraser marks everything looked gray and I can make no sense of it. Now I saw the solution I redrew the sheet and thought you were pretty smart as it required a mirror :ohgeez:

Last edited:

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured it was something like this....just mine looked nothing like your graph :eek:oo:

I marked in the wrong places on the first time, so after alot of eraser marks everything looked gray and I can make no sense of it. Now I saw the solution I redrew the sheet and thought you were pretty smart as it required a mirror :ohgeez:

Nice work there Illum. Hmmm. I could have randomized the order of the letters and numbers on the grid, required a mirror and the Ovaltine decoder pen. :whistle:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping it was the Colonel's eleven herbs and spices or maybe the secret to how Cadbury gets the caramel inside the Caramilk bar.:confused: