Just for fun - solve this code

DM51

Flashaholic
math3.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say it's Triple DES modified with AES - Twofish - Serpent. That's the encryption method. John's just messing with us as he knows no one can get it - not even the NSA. :laughing:

Okay I'll keep pondering this a bit so please don't give it up yet. It's just that I work 10-15 hours a day 7 days a week so not a lot of time right now for this.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind what I said earlier. I'd call it more of a puzzle than encryption. The letters do not decode to other letters. For example, The letters could be used to represent a voltage level. "A" could be 0 volts and "Z" could be 25 volts. They could be used to locate rooms in a hotel, such as 2C would represent the 3rd room on the 2nd floor. Think about that and you will probably solve it.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind what I said earlier. I'd call it more of a puzzle than encryption. The letters do not decode to other letters. For example, The letters could be used to represent a voltage level. "A" could be 0 volts and "Z" could be 25 volts. They could be used to locate rooms in a hotel, such as 2C would represent the 3rd room on the 2nd floor. Think about that and you will probably solve it.
That just makes it even harder :ohgeez:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - please explain how you got from your letters in post #1 to 'CPF Rules!'. You've got 11 lines of letters containing 4 to 15 letters on each line and there is not a single letter 'S' in the bunch yet you say they don't decode to other letters? and the answer contains only 8 letters or 9 if you count the '!' or 10 if you count the space and line 6 was left out. Even knowing the answer I don't see it but I haven't really tried much at this point. I know it's probably going to be an 'OH Jeeez' moment why didn't I see that' but so far it hasn't hit. Or maybe John's brain works a little different than the rest of us - maybe you need to apply for work at the NSA. The NSA BTW hires more mathematicians and coders than any one else. Thanks for the brain twister but please explain.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I will wait for JohnR66 to reveal the code publicly in case others are still working on it. If you want another hint or want to know the way to solve it, send me a PM.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is just an X Y plot. Now you can see that the data was not really encoded. The key was the method for applying it.
cpf.jpg

I left the flashlight graphic out of the initial data so it wasn't too big.

In Jr. highschool back in 1982 my best friend and I made them and we traded them. Not the most efficient way of transferring messages, but it allows for graphics too. It was fun solving them to see what the message was. I had intended on making a computer program so I could type in the line number and letters and display the image onscreen, but he didn't have a computer and we eventually got bored with making them.

I had some of these old papers in a shoe box in the closet and I was reminded of them when I was looking for something else. I thought I'd try it out here on CPF

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Pssst..."

"What's the password?"

"Let me in you idiot!"

"Right you are!"

:crackup:

Classic Simpsons episode.:D