Just got Olight S20 and S10, tint green on both.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tint on my Eagletac D25C XMLU2 cool white and
the tint on my Nitecore EC1 XPGR5 cool white is beautiful and perfect.

The tint on my Quark Turbo X XMLT6 and the tint on my Olight i1 XMLT6 is green.

Guess which brand I'm buying again and guess which brand I am not buying again.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's Cree ;)

I hear ya but many XM-L lights are just fine, 'tint wise.' It sounds like Olight is just allowing poopy tints into production units in speculation that most owners won't know or care.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tint on my Quark Turbo X XMLT6 and the tint on my Olight i1 XMLT6 is green.

Guess which brand I'm buying again and guess which brand I am not buying again.

i think Quark and Olight are produced by the same factory.

this would explain a lot!!

:green:

stienke

Enlightened
Green is the New White!!:D , just kidding but I hate green led's , I remember the 'old' days whe could choose from Osram , Lumileds etc.
My son uses every day his old Fenix light with a premium 100 rebel led , perfect beam , artifact free and a very nice creamy white beam color.
Now I can buy so much nice lights with one emitter , Cree! , not bad but they have to much a tint lotery and most of the time I loose.
I love to see when the manufactures use more other brand led's so whe can choose which one whe like the most , like Osram and Lumileds!

Kokopelli

Enlightened
That's because brand lights are usually current controlled while cheap ones are PWM pulse modulated. PWM doesn't shift the tint as it always drives the led on full power but in short bursts.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's because brand lights are usually current controlled while cheap ones are PWM pulse modulated. PWM doesn't shift the tint as it always drives the led on full power but in short bursts.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have "CURRENT REGULATION" without a shift in the LED tint! :party:

CHEERS

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear ya but many XM-L lights are just fine, 'tint wise.' It sounds like Olight is just allowing poopy tints into production units in speculation that most owners won't know or care.

yep! My Olight S65 was the greenest out of all my XM-L lights. And 4Sevens and Olight are made in the same factory so probably a lot of sharing.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
My 47s Quark 123 S2 is the greenest light I have, and my Sunwayman V20A is the next. My Fenix TK35 is green, TK41 a bit better. Olight I6 Paladin has a better tint than these, though. Of course it doesn't have a low mode to show its potential greenness:)

EagleTacs have good tints do far. I have an S2 bin D25LC2 and a T20C2 with XML and XPG2 dropins. These lights are both real white lights in any modes. And to my surprise my new Crelant 7G6CS has a very nice U3 cool led that it doesn't shift much even in its firefly mode. Neither does my Thrunites.

Ok, I must admit, I were thinking the tint shift was totally because of the current controlled nature but these lights should also have current controlled modes and they seem to have managed to eliminate this tint shift, or pick better emitters at the beginning.

loquutis79

Enlightened
Yes, my s10 is green as hell. I don't really like it. I will stick with the other brands I already have and trust.

I will only keep it for the moonbeam level which none of my other lights have.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Marshall's Baton S10 is greenish too omg

Maybe i am colorblind or something, but i do not think it looks so bad? :confused: My Olight I1 EOS is more greenish than this, and i have not even thought about it untill i read this thread and looked closer at the beam.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Such a nice light with such an awful tint, maybe it will improve next year, or maybe I will cross Olight off my list.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The polished titanium versions sure are nice, maybe they will run some neutral tint lights.

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
My S10 arrived on Sat. Out of all my lights it's easily the greenest. Other than that it's a great light. Even with that, it's a great light. Olight should know better though. This is not 2008 and it was not a $20 light.

K9Patrol

Newly Enlightened
Olight S10 Neutral Titanium light is green?

Picked up one of these lights in Neutral and the tint is green. How is that possible? I thought this was a cool-white problem. It's nothing like any of my other neutrals. It's very, very green in comparison.. Anyone else see this in a neutral?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture is blurred but you can see how green the tint on the Olight S20 Baton is. I'm appalled. The lights from top left clockwise are Jetbeam II IBIS (Q5); Deerelight C2H XPG; Olight S20 Baton and Fenix PD30 (R4).
20121210144708.jpg

I hope this works. Since the S10 is just about the same I didn't include it. Sorry for the quality but the tint is clear. All are CW and on maximum setting.

20121210144708.jpg

selfbuilt had already mentioned it several times in his S10 review thread and the youtube video gives visual proof of the greenishness of his S10 copy:

Olight olight tsss.. :sick2:

And from their official website, product webpage:
hehej.gif

At least they are honest about it lol.

Last edited:

Lithium466

Enlightened
Is it possible that this greenishness comes from optical treatement or something like that ?

I was looking to buy a Neutral Ti, in fact already bought it but package "disappeard"...so I am wondering if I am going to order another one or not.

Last edited: