Life Saving Lights - surviving a rainy night in the mountain

Ian2381

Enlightened
Just an update,

I just received the new lights I ordered, Romisen RC-G2 and Solarforce L2 and I'm really satisfied with both lights cause they simply out shine all my lights.:hitit:

Still waiting for the Fenix E20 though(already on shipping).

I have a great feeling I'll be outshining most lights in the mountain on my next trip, Hopefully it won't be raining.:grin2:

duboost

Enlightened
and everyone with me thought I was crazy the last time i went hiking and I had my TK20, Quark 2AA warm, PD30, CMG infinity ultra, E01, and H501 in my bag :crackup:

Ian2381

Enlightened
Is the Fenix E01 great as backup light?
I'm Thinking of buying one as a backup for keeping in my Bag.

Ive been carrying my RC G2 this past few days and I'm really happy with it and same with my Solarforce L2, its just bulky since I'm using two AA.
:grin2:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ive been carrying my RC G2 this past few days and I'm really happy with it and same with my Solarforce L2, its just bulky since I'm using two AA.
:grin2:

Although I think the EO1 has its usefullness and I have given a number of them away as gifts, I would not consider it bright enough for a serious backup light.

Bill

jankj

Enlightened

Yes, I think so, and actually think it is close perfect as a backup light: Indestructable, small, cheap and long run times. But then again I'm in the every-light-is-useful-in-the-dark club.

It depends on your needs, really. An E01 is bright enough for repairs. It is also bright enough to light up your path so you don't trip. It is not bright enough to search for anything more than a few meters away or looking further ahead to see where that path is heading. It is also less useful if ambient light is blinding you (i.e. urban environment, but dark shadows).

So, the fenix E01 is not a backup weapon light or search light. It is an excellent general purpose backup that lets you do most of the things you need to do.

AusKipper

Enlightened
So, the fenix E01 is not a backup weapon light or search light. It is an excellent general purpose backup that lets you do most of the things you need to do.

You use a pistol to fight your way to a rifle, and you use an E01 to find your way to your TK40 ;) (if you have a TK40 this is)

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, E01 is good cheap back up light. But if you're willing to spend money, i'd definitely recommend iTP EOS SS w/ lithium AAA

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
for the price, outstanding!
rugged, waterproof, simple as hell, working EVER ... then there are the color choices :)

while someone might think it is not very powerful, those three guys (a hundred years ago) who died inside a cave - which I just visited - groping around a giant pillar (?), so not noticeing going in cycles in the dark, would gratefully have appreciated this little light
;)

the E01 surely is no backup tactical light, it is a backup last ditch emergency light
(and an EDC)