Life without CPF

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Maybe CPF should start showing local help wanted ads when we post so all us folks at home wasting our lives on the Internet can find meaningful employment.
The logic sounds ridiculous when applied to any hobby.
There are a number of idiots who use the game as an excuse to violate laws regarding trespassing, but there are also people organizing events, raising money for charity, checking out small businesses, etc. The explosive popularity of the game is unprecedented and there is a lot going on.

Back on topic: any idea why CPF was down?

Greta

Flashaholic
Back on topic: any idea why CPF was down?

From what I can tell, the database just burped. More than likely got a good case of heartburn from the spammers hitting it all at once. They tend to do that every once in awhile. It happened last night and I got it back online but then found it down again when I woke up this morning. Seems to be holding pretty well now. I really do need to purposely take it down though and run some maintenance on it. I'll try to give notice when I do that.

bartko09

Enlightened
I suppose to a point I am with Ven. If there was no CPF would there be an Adventure Sport Flashlights? Maybe, but the Lord only knows.

First thing I did was check ICANN.org to see if someone forgot to re register the domain name lol

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really miss this place for sure. I really enjoy the conversations and people here more than any other forum I've read so far....

+1 to that, blah9. My background comes from a site where anything goes... which often relates to its members going as well. So I'm having to learn on the fly and to be somewhat cautious about not allowing my (fun) posting to ever cross the line. That's not always easy for me, but it's definitely worth the effort because of all the amazing friends I've made here. My early impressions indicate that a great majority of CPF members share a similar appreciation for what this site's owner has done to create such a place.

scout24

Flashaholic
Lol, not jealous my friend. I have an underemployed stepson who we support who works 16 hours a week, but does that probably close to 60 hours a week. It was a feeble attempt at an old man "get off my lawn" moment. Actually anything that gets folks out of the house and moving has the potential to be of benefit. :)
With all due respect you sound jealous. It's just folks having fun. Have some fun and play along!
I have a good job.
I don't walk into people.
I have "played" and it is fun but I was uncomfortable with much younger people coming up to me to ask if I caught anything good! LOL I couldn't even get Gastly.
I was joking about it as a substitute.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for the dose of Malox for the site Greta.

Scout: you may recall before a bunch of those "Go" players were born Nintendo execs said "eh, video games won't effect social behavior anymore than tv"...

Capolini

Banned
A good opportunity to get more exercise, work on REAL[sorry!] relationships, read and do whatever else one may enjoy. There have been times when I WAS on here 5,6, 7 hours/day!!

Along with the multiple hours I use to spend on here and If It was not for Capo and my 6 to 7 miles of hiking a day, I would be 220 lbs. instead of 193!! :thumbsup:

Played with my Excel program for a bit .......

~ Chance

EfKOlYD.jpg

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't even remember life before cpf. Being the professional lurker that I am (I don't think I've hit 200 posts yet, and I've been here since 2007, and checked out the site constantly since 2003), I would have to throw out all my flashlights, and quit cold turkey in order to get cpf out of my system. I don't think blf would be able to keep my fix going for long

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up Greta!

Nice spreadsheet Chauncey, I should make one one of these days. :p

Thanks guys, The spreadsheet is a work in progress. Only one typo?! :p Now that CPF is up & running, no telling when I'll get back to post the Quark 123's. I started the original spreadsheet when I had a lot more different makes and models of lights. It was getting too hard to remember which light could take rechargeable batteries.

I never thought of myself as a collector. This just sort of happened. ;) The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner is wondering when the 4Seven & FourSeven collection is going to be complete.

~ Chance

UiZdJG0.jpg

61B2LYx.jpg

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Chance, You may have more Four Sevens lights than I do...I have never done a spreadsheet with my lights(because I know I would just get it complete, hit "save" and it would all disappear...maybe my old Atari 800 XL needs an upgrade...nah.

Greta, thanks for keeping us up and running 99.9% of the time....

Hey Ven, if you get a job does that mean I have to too?

Without CPF, my life would be pointless...due to some medical problems I am currently trapped at home...no hiking, skydiving, motorcycles, heck I can't even geocache...CPF gives me something to look forward to. I have friends who pm & email me and some are closer than friends I've known 40 years. Besides, without CPF, what would I do with all that extra money? Who needs a 401K when there is a Titanium triple or Copper Quad for sale....

ven

Flashaholic
We can set up together , the Ven & Eddie crazy flashlight emporium :D Free entry but $50 to leave :whistle:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I can tell, the database just burped. More than likely got a good case of heartburn from the spammers hitting it all at once. They tend to do that every once in awhile. It happened last night and I got it back online but then found it down again when I woke up this morning. Seems to be holding pretty well now. I really do need to purposely take it down though and run some maintenance on it. I'll try to give notice when I do that.

Please warn us! So I can plan a Date Night with the wife! lol
Seriously, Thanks for all you do. I know many of us don't say it all the time, but we truly appreciate CPF. Reminds me, my sub expired. I need to renew that. Will do shortly!

Please warn us! So I can plan a Date Night with the wife! lol
Seriously, Thanks for all you do. I know many of us don't say it all the time, but we truly appreciate CPF. Reminds me, my sub expired. I need to renew that. Will do shortly!

I second Str8's comment of thanks!!