List of how Not to start a thread on CPF

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about:

(1) Where can I get a Quality Surefire Knockoff?

(2) Are There Any McGizmo-Style Flashlights for Under $50?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I loose my flashlights all the time.
I loosed my flashlight today.
I hate loosing my flashlights.

...or some variation where people don't know when to use lose/lost instead of loose.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

...or some variation where people don't know when to use lose/lost instead of loose.

:crackup: This thread is so funny I'm loosing it.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't include a picture of your problem. Or, post an image that isn't in focus and no one can see what you mean, anyway.

Post your blurry image at full size just to mess with the people who still dialup.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Is it OK to shine my super powerful laser at airplanes? Umm, no. Unless of course you want to see yourself on a future episode of COPS.

Can lasers really harm your vision? Why don't you try it and get back to us?

What's wrong with my light? It might help if you gave us a few details beyond writing the word help in all capitals in your post.

When will we have 1000 lumen per watt LEDs? How about never, and don't start telling me how things people never thought were possible often are. 1000 lumens per watt is a theoretical impossibility, period.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
List of how Not to start a thread on CPF:

Tell me which light to buy

Here's how jusval started a thread from 3 months ago:

"My question is about what type of flashlight (or flashlights) to carry?"

"I would appreciate some thoughts on good flashlights and then some thoughts on the cheaper ones . . . ."

Link.

Ooops!

Just messin' with you. :D

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
" How do I post pictures??!!!!"
" My pictures won't show up!!"
" Whats this Picshack/Photopail?"
" How do I load pictures to Picshack/Photopail"
" Paypal sucks"
" MY flashlight went BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!"

Last edited:

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cry havoc, and loose the flashlights of war! :devil:

PetaBread

Enlightened
"Why does this flashlight look so ugly?"

"Recommend me a light"

"What light has 200+ lumens but cost less than 5 dollars"

"Why does shipping from DX take 4 months to get here?"

"Why did my light break when I threw it against the wall?"
Inside the post would read: The dealer did the same thing but it didn't break...

"What's the easiest mod for a maglite?"

"What flashlight is better than a Maglite?"

jusval

Enlightened
Here's how jusval started a thread from 3 months ago:

"My question is about what type of flashlight (or flashlights) to carry?"

"I would appreciate some thoughts on good flashlights and then some thoughts on the cheaper ones . . . ."

Link.

Ooops!

Just messin' with you. :D

Ooops Hell, there's worse ones than that! Keep readin......:poke:

Like I said, I'm still a newbie myself. like the infamous one by JusvalTX (Me) - "Should the builders here be printing disclaimers with their products?" That one backfired big time and now I don't make mods any more, except for me.

Or this one - "Are Lithium chemistry batteries for me?" Duh, of course not! I was just trying to cause a stir.

The problem is, that with the way I forget everything from one day to the next, I'll still be a newbie ten years from now!:shakehead

:devil: Justin

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
"How do I post images?" or variation, "Why can't I post images?"... Did you look in this same forum for the other 50 million threads with the same title?

"How come I can't login?"... How did you post this if you can't login? Did you see the link in the sidebar on the main forum index page?

"How do I donate money to CPF?"... Did you see the link in the sidebar on the main forum index page?

"How can I become an advertiser?"... Did you see the link in the sidebar on the main forum index page?

"Problems registering!"... Did you see the link in the sidebar on the main forum index page? And how were you able to post this if you can't register?

"Who's in charge around here?"... I AM!! And yes, I'm a chick... and yes, I have a husband so I'm not interested in anyone else... and no, I'm not an idiot and pretty much have YOUR number already so give it up and get over it!

"CPF Sucks!"... So do you! :banned: ... NEXT!

:crackup:

This may be slightly OT, but I hope not too much.

Has there ever been a "Where's the search function" thread where someone replied with: "Search for it!"? I must say, that has to be one thread where saying "Search is your friend" can't work.

jusval

Enlightened
I don't think I would want to sticky this one. Actually it's probably very offensive for some new members here and just a Little inflamatory. Sort of like the paper cut on your finger, that just bugs you like crazy.

Actually in some ways this probably promotes posts like the ones mentioned here. Human nature being what it is, some will be like "well I'll just give them what they expect". Others might never post and you know some of the newbies now will be the old guys here, in a few years. Good or bad, that's the way it is.

I just wanted to see how many of the "old timers" were frustrated at the changes in posting here and let them vent. Even though I'm a newbie here, I'm an "old timer" and a cranky old man, so I know how much I like to complain about things. (everything, all the time)........

Greta, being the only woman (well the only one we know here for sure), gets to be the resident *****, not only because she's the owner and she can, but (Oops ahead of time), because women love to ***** about everything men do and since she's obviously getting Way More "Male Bonding" here than any woman should get, she's probably on the edge most of the time...... It's the Hazards of being the female yessum (boss).

:devil:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
What's the best laser for shining at aircraft?

Why doesn't the US Army buy <Chinese brand X> flashlights?

Any question relating to DX or Kaidomain...