Longest Lasting 1200 lumen flashlight

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
choice of emitter is a good start, for instance using an XHP50.2 instead of an SST40 or Osram will give more flood as an example, an Orange peel reflector will also help as well as filters like DC-Fix.
as a general rule, the smaller the radiating surface of the LED the better it will throw because it`s a bit closer to being a point source. :)

prof student

Enlightened
choice of emitter is a good start, for instance using an XHP50.2 instead of an SST40 or Osram will give more flood as an example, an Orange peel reflector will also help as well as filters like DC-Fix.
as a general rule, the smaller the radiating surface of the LED the better it will throw because it`s a bit closer to being a point source. :)

1) but do you think that putting an XHP50.2 would cause heat issues?

2) about this DC-Fix, can it hold up to the heat that? & ever heard of anyone putting just a circle dot in the center of the lens to help diffuse such a bright hot spot?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
1) I only used those leds as examples of some that are used in throwers, you`de have to do your homework and what`s most suitable for your own needs, using a few of the ideas I set out, for instance a LED with a Dome will have more spill.

2) I use a type of DC Fix as a diffuser on my FW21 Pro, if it`ll take the 10,000lm that puts out... it`ll be fine in your application :)