Lost my Dad on Monday!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
MSaxatilus, condolences and sympathy for your loss. 69 is way too young to go, but by your own words, it is evident that he lives on in your heart. May your cherished memories help sustain you and your family.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very sorry to hear for he was too young. I do hope you only fond memories of your time together with him.

Karl

gggarf

Newly Enlightened
So very sorry to hear that. I know your pain as I lost my Mom 15 months ago. I still miss her every day but time has a way of easing the pain and replacing it with cherished memories. Condolences to you and your family. Keep strong.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Msax, I wish to offer my condolences as well. Nobody knows what it's like to lose a parent until they actually do and unfortunately there are many like us in your boat. When my mom passed away last year she was just shy of her 69th birthday. I have some nice dreams about her once in awhile which makes me feel better.

Like other's, I hope your mom is still alive.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
My sympathies. My day passed away last year at 71 and a half so I know what it's like. It really hurts having a parent die when they're still fairly young.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I really appreciate all of your posts. We just got back from the wake and the amount of people that came out to see him is simply amazing. We had friends and family come from as far as South Carolina and Colorado to see him. He had old fraternity brothers, co-workers, childhood friends and tons of family.

His workplace (Johnson Dodge, in Budd Lake, NJ) actually lowered their gigantic American flag to half mast for him this week. Pretty cool!

Oh, and my Mom is still alive and strong. She's holding up pretty good. She's a tough bugger.

Thanks again everyone! Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

MSax

luxlover

Banned
Dave,
I am shocked, because we spoke on the phone about him last Friday or so, and you said that he was stabilized after some adverse reactions to his treatment. I tried to distract you from your worries by talking about lights and leaving his care to the medical community. I tried to console you by mentioning that I know a person about his age who had the same cancer and beat it. Dad was not so lucky. His suffering is over and he will surely rest in peace.

I hope that the mourning process runs it's course so that I will be able to share the joys of life with you at our Oct. 13th PhotonFest gathering. A good parent will not want us to suffer after they are gone. A good parent will tell us this well before they leave us!

Since I am a full fledged orphan now, I ask you to call me anytime you need a pair of willing ears to listen!

Take care,
Jeff

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Guys,

After several months of treatment in an attempt to fight cancer, my Father passed away on Monday. He was 69.

He was a truly kind and caring individual. Never selfish and his heart was always full of love. He was the type of guy that could walk into a supermarket and come out with 5 new best friends. He was very personable and likeable. He will be tremendously missed.

MSax

Oh man - that sucks My condolences. I lost my Mom to cancer just over a week ago (the 31st)

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Msax,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

From your posts on CPF and our few PM's, it is obvious that you reflect your father's goodness and kind spirit.

Wishing you comfort and peace,
Bill

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Msax,

Sorry to hear about your father.

I lost mine last year from Liver Cancer at age 72. I still miss him a lot, but I know he will always be with me.

Take pride in knowing your father will always be with you as well.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
So sorry for your loss. I lost both my mom and dad a few years ago, but still think of them all the time. It's amazing what influence they have over you, even long after they've left. Your dad sounds like a very good man. I know you will keep him in your heart.

Andrew

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
MSax, from what you have said he sounds like a very great man, and wonderful father. My condolences, and give it time. After about 5 years, I still miss my dad.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I am sad that you have lost your dad. I am empathise for you and your family. Unfortunately this is part of life. Treasure the good memories that you have with him. I can only hope he is in a better place, RIP.