Lost my EDC need a new one quick

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Well I have lost my fav EDC it's a very sad day for me the loss is almost unbearable:candle: but I will take it one day at a time:(. Hopefully a new purchase will ease the pain.
I am looking for a 1AA possibly a 1AAA but my edc was a L1P so I can live with something the same size. It would be great if the light had a hi and low setting. Pleas suggest something because since the loss of my edc I have been unable to concentrate. I might be talked into a second edc light just for fun or to keep it in a different jacket. As far as price I can spend around $50 but I wouldn't mind getting something cheaper just to try it out perhaps a DX light. lovecpf

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Jet I Pro v3.0 (but i think its above $50)

Definitely below $50

DX light: Akoray K-106 (actually a KD light, but had to wait ages for mine)

Romisen RC G2 II (but its a single mode IIRC)

ITP C7T (infinitely variable brightness) also from shiningbeam

xenonk

Enlightened
As far as price I can spend around $50 but I wouldn't mind getting something cheaper just to try it out perhaps a DX light.
Akoray K-106, sku 16607 over at DX. Decent quality for something so cheap (ignore the 6-modes description, it's actually programmable with 3 mode slots), and at $20 it won't hurt too bad if you lose your EDC again. :broke:
I used to EDC one before I got my neu-tac AA Quark.

mbiraman

Newly Enlightened
Well I have lost my fav EDC it's a very sad day for me the loss is almost unbearable:candle: but I will take it one day at a time:(. Hopefully a new purchase will ease the pain.
I am looking for a 1AA possibly a 1AAA but my edc was a L1P so I can live with something the same size. It would be great if the light had a hi and low setting. Pleas suggest something because since the loss of my edc I have been unable to concentrate. I might be talked into a second edc light just for fun or to keep it in a different jacket. As far as price I can spend around $50 but I wouldn't mind getting something cheaper just to try it out perhaps a DX light. lovecpf

Grieving is different for everyone . You might have to buy a few lights, plus accessories,plus extra batteries , to heal the loss. We understand .

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Grieving is different for everyone . You might have to buy a few lights, plus accessories,plus extra batteries , to heal the loss. We understand .

Yes I just reached the same conclusion:naughty::candle: I will get the Akoray K-106 some of you guys mentioned, just to try it out and I will think about the better ones also I am tempted by the choices mentioned. The cheap light might be the way to go for round one since I was always tempted to test them out and if they don't work out I can always give them away.
As long as I'm going to order from DX is there anything else you guys recommend to get from there perhaps a AAA or some other useless junk:twothumbs

Help me spend some money ad DX:popcorn::paypal:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the budget, I second the recommendation of D10 and EZ AA. And LD01 or Peak Eiger 10440 for AAA.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
AAA iTP eos 3-mode twisty. about 20 dollars. (or the maratac version of it.. maybe the 28dollar stainless if you are in usa.)

if you alreasy chose the akoray.. then get this to back it up.. -i liked my akoray too. it was good value. (sold to my friend who just wanted it! hah)

the itp c7, nitecore ezaa, d10 and quark AA are good options too.. (funny, i have the jetbeam and all above xcept the ezaa. hahah)

DoctaDink

Enlightened
  • Martac Stainless Steel AAA at Country Comm seems to be one of the best values going.

• EagleTac P100A2, P100C2, or T100C2 MkII
  • One of the EZs at 4 Sevens (EZAA, EZCR2, EZ123) for $52+

• Nitecore EX10 (123) or or DX10 (AA) @ $59+, but a nice edc

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Sorry to hear of the loss.

What I do is once I decide what my real EDC is, I get a spare, just in case something does happen, I can go and put it in service, and then I an back in service!

Plus you will help the economy at the same time.

Good luck.

Best,

SF1

Last edited:

Spence

Enlightened
They've already been mentioned. I switch off EDCing LD01 SS, Maratac AAA SS, EZAA, they are all excellent choices. I returned my LF2XT because I couldn't get the UI to work properly. Sounds like the Maratac AAA SS is within your budget after shipping cocts.

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Still haven't bought anything because i need to get the light in a week since I'm going on a trip does 4sevens have fast shipping?
I'm also torn between EZAA or D10 which weighs twice as much is it worth getting the R2 version.
Dx is still looking good but i don't think they can ship in a week. So basically i have until friday to get something in my hands. :oops:
Thanks to all who have replied so far. Does anyone in canada sell D10 or EZAA

xenonk

Enlightened
Does anyone in canada sell D10 or EZAA
I think 4sevens.ca has exclusivity on Nitecore products in Canada. It only took two days for the Quark I ordered to reach me in Ontario, but shipping time will vary depending on where you are.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a quark AA. You will be extremely happy with it if you loved your fenix

Crenshaw

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need it quick, mosey on over here and check this light out, it's a single mode and under $20 (excluding shipping) and you can email bryan to see how fast he can get it to you. Mine took 7 days and that was to Singapore.