Loving the TK75

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up one today. It's awesome!

I've gotten rid of a lot of my 'big' lights simply because I do not carry them. (heck I have a TK70 up for grabs if anybody is keen). Sadly, size does matter, and not in the best of all possible ways. The TK70 actually never left the house because of sheer size, and I only remember ever taking my 4D ROP out occasionally. So it's nice to switch to a smaller light. I agonized over the charge-in-place convenience of the Fenix RC40, and in the end I decided I wanted something smaller, so TK75 it was.

This isn't a review - lots of folks have already done that. But i'd say the balance of the light feels right in the hand, the UI is excellent including the hidden strobe that you cannot cycle through accidentally (you need to hold the power control button for 1 second), the ability to go straight into strobe from off mode in case you need to surprise someone. Fenix has made incremental improvements in every single light over the years, and those have added up to a great deal really. I remember the very first generation Fenix L1s with Luxeon emitters, and it's amazing how far we've come today that I can just pop into a brick and mortar and grab a 2600 lumen light.

I particularly like the stainless steel bezel in this iteration, the battery carrier, the ability to run on 2 cells. I'm running it on IMR's I pulled from a former ROP so I know they can withstand the current (about 4 amps in my estimate - actually the same as the ROP 3854-High). This is a light I'll actually carry and use. 18 lumens, 400 lumens and 1100 lumens make it a very practical light too, I find that 400 is great for general looking around - had a Surefire U2 with a MC-E that put out that much power and really liked it. And 2600 on tap if you ever need to blind yourself and everything around you.

The extended runtime kit is really nifty too - bolt one on and you get more juice.

Really enjoying the choices we have nowadays. :) and glad to know that AW is still selling his excellent lithium ion cells - you'd be hard pressed to find a better choice. Getting more IMRs from him to power up this light.

I also like the shift towards safer lithium chemistries especially in multi-cell high-powered lights. I remember when I used to walk around with unprotected 18650's in my U2 because we had no choice.

And I was just explaining to another flashaholic that once upon a time, 20 lumens was good.. now we have two orders of magnitude more.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you're enjoying the TK75! It's a great light. I agree about liking the UI and the size of the light. I'm not sure I'd want to use one that is much bigger very often. Enjoy!

iplaygeetar

Newly Enlightened
Loving my TK75 as well. For the longest time my TK41 was my favorite 'hiking/adventure' light, its solid, throws well, good runtimes, and great UI. But the TK75 one ups it, for me. At first I didn't like how it felt in my hand, a bit bulky, and I have big hands. But now I almost prefer the feel of it in hand to my TK41, almost.

Really like this light. Even though its pretty f'ing stout.

P1010221.jpg

david57strat

Enlightened
I just picked up a TK41 on CPF MarketPlace, which I am really loving; but I admit, the TK75 is still high on my list of lights I'd like to get my hands on, this year. I would FIND a way to EDC that one, in a bag, or whatever. It's a monster light, in a relatively small package. Gotta get one!

Congratulations on your new purchase, KevinL!

madcheo

Newly Enlightened
newbie to the forums,the tk75 is a no joke of a light,just got one off of amazon with the extender,but I got it with a badly cracked case and didn't want to return it because there was no damage to the light itself,and didnt want to take a chance on getting a bad one when it is replaced,so does anyone know where I can just get the storage case/box alone....thanks in advance

snakeplissken83

Newly Enlightened
newbie to the forums,the tk75 is a no joke of a light,just got one off of amazon with the extender,but I got it with a badly cracked case and didn't want to return it because there was no damage to the light itself,and didnt want to take a chance on getting a bad one when it is replaced,so does anyone know where I can just get the storage case/box alone....thanks in advance

Not sure you can mate. Try emailing Fenix, they might send you one.

iplaygeetar

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to imagine what the TK51 is going to look like in your lineup :devil:
Nice lights

I cannot WAIT until the TK51 comes out!

I just picked up a TK41 on CPF MarketPlace, which I am really loving; but I admit, the TK75 is still high on my list of lights I'd like to get my hands on, this year. I would FIND a way to EDC that one, in a bag, or whatever. It's a monster light, in a relatively small package. Gotta get one!

Congratulations on your new purchase, KevinL!

I manage to slip it in my back pocket when I'm not using it. It is a little bulky but its tolerable for me. I'm just amazed at how much more powerful it is than my TK41 in a smaller feeling package. Great light.

My advice, go get yourself a Pelican case to fit the light with the pick and pluck foam. I use them for everything I want to keep safe. You can usually find them pretty cheap.

madcheo

Newly Enlightened
thanks for everyones reply and help,ive contacted fenix thru facebook and they are sending me a new case for the tk75,they said itll be here in about 15 days,i'm planning on getting a pelican case for it though as itll be more protected and I can store some other lights I have as well,a pelican im2300 should be able to store the tk75,2 extension bodies,nitecore tm26 and 16 18650 batteries and 2 nitecore chargers what do you guys think?:D