Magic Fire 40W HID 4000-Lumen 4x18650 HID Flashlight

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I learned along time ago with hotwires to do that with any potted bulb to keep from smokin' the reflector. Now I know that it can apply to HIDs too. (Still very much an HID newbie!)

Mar

Newly Enlightened
I received mine today and got it working but I am having a strange issue. It wouldn't turn on so I started to unscrew the head part and it lit up, then screw it back and it would shut down, did the same with the tail cap and it must be slightly unscrew for it to work.
Any ideas why?

What a piece of crap. First it's picky on battery sizes, then had it working by moving all the body parts, now it won't fire up and it bent one of the springs after catching on the rough sodering job on the head. Nothing but a headace this thing.

Alright it's not totally crap, I did get it to start up but what a pain it was. I ended up bending one spring out of shape on the carrier from twisting the head back and forth to get it to light up once. Then that wouldn't work anymore so tinkered somemore and finally have it working. I like the beam it throws and portability of this light, one of my more powerfuls I now own,

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
The FF3 pictures were out for a few month now, didn't want to post here, yet another unobtainium.

Since it's been brought up. might as well...

Left. 40W FF2, this was what the magic fire templated upon, Magic fire is similar to FF2 in size.

Middle, 35W FF1, the original one that was a small custom run only, before FF turned commercial operations & produced FF2.
FF1 still the slimest of the family, it's already incredibally small for a full power HID!

Right, the 40W FF3. Now, since many of you just got the magic fire, imagine real 40W out at almost half the size? un freakenbeliveable
scaled.php

FF3
scaled.php

I put some dibs in on one in a GB on another flashlight forum.

jayrob

Enlightened
I just got my 40W Scorpion and it is very nice! :cool:

Just wondering if anybody has information on changing the bulb if ever needed??

I mean, I hope it lasts a long time, but it would be good to find out in case I ever need to...

:thanks:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will have to unsolder the ballast wires and slip the unit out. I haven't actually tried to detach the bulb of the ballast.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lasers. It's gotta be lasers. Quantum lasers that'll run on an 18650. :)

Wilkey