Maglite ML100 and ML150???

DM51

Flashaholic
Robin24k, I've deleted those images as they were hotlinked from another website.

Edit: My bad - sorry!

Last edited:

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
What is the point to these lights ? they dont seem to have anymore power than the 2AA version unless its longer runtime or am I missing something ? I am still wanting the mini Promag though .

Retinator

Enlightened
Interesting, I was just looking for a red XL 200, and found a dealer that claimed to have one of these in stock already...

Looks like M@G is getting it together.

The new chargers should do well with a price point around $90, I think it said.

richpalm

Banned
I only use 'em for mod hosts... I wish they'd get with it on updated LED's. XP-E is ho-hum to me. Too dim.

I do like the looks of the ML's though.

Rich

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's XP-G in the ML125. The ML100 will have XP-E.

Heatsinking appears to be better too, metal surrounds the LED. Modding is probably not going to be easy.

For those that are picky about beam pattern, the position of the LED module in the ML-series can be fine-tuned. However, I left mine alone as the hotspot was circular and centered from the factory.

Last edited:

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Is the ML100 already out? I'm pretty sure I saw it in a store the other day.

samd

Newly Enlightened
What is the point to these lights ? they dont seem to have anymore power than the 2AA version unless its longer runtime or am I missing something ? I am still wanting the mini Promag though .

Although I haven't seen runtime plots, I like the idea of the ML125. Even if the circuitry isn't as advanced, it must last longer than my only other good flashlight, a single AA Jetbeam.

What I really like is that you could use three different types of batteries: the supplied NiMh battery, three regular C batteries (or C rechargeables) or 3 AA batteries in adapters. I think this would be a great flashlight to have in the home. And if it runs well enough on 3AAs then I can buy 4 packs of AAs; one battery for my Jetbeam and three for the Mag.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Runtime is quite long (regulated 8.5 hours on NiMH), and it also has a new reflector designed for the XP-E and XP-G that gives it good throw. It's also got a head switch.

I used Eneloop AA's in my ML125 when I first got it (NiMH pack was charging), and it worked fine. Runtime is a little short, and I don't want to use an odd number of AA's, so I'm back to using the NiMH pack. It was much lighter with the AA's though.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just completed my runtime test for the 2-cell ML100...

ML100_2C_Runtime.png

Looks like the same as the XL200, reduce to 50% after 12 minutes of runtime. I don't have a chart for the ML125 yet (alkaline test is in progress, ~24 hours left), but the ML125 with NiMH reduces to 75% after 12 minutes.

Remember, this type of behavior is preferred by law enforcement for better runtime, but you can always reset the light with a power cycle if you need more light (however, chances are, you probably won't even notice it).