Maglite ML100 and ML150???

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
No misunderstanding, it's single mode and 170-200 lumens. Note that you can always unfocus the light to reduce brightness, I've done that a couple times with my Stinger DS LED HP when the 50 lumen low was still too bright.

Yeah good point with the focusing thing, I was gonna bring up the argument that runtime will be poor but then again it can't be any worse than an incan minimag.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Runtime should be at least 2 hours or so. The XL200 gets 2.5 hours, but the 3AAA has a longer tail end of the runtime, so it's hard to say what the 2AA will be.

StageofHistory

Newly Enlightened
The ML125 is looking impressive, although it's a shame there's no cradle like the MagCharger, forcing you remove the battery to change it (and I bet spares aren't going to be cheap, either). What might turn me off it, though, is that it doesn't seem to be able to run off 12v... That's very disappointing, and could be a deal breaker for me if there's no work around.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ML125 is seperate from the MagCharger line, it's designed for NiMH and alkaline compatibility. MagCharger LED will be the ML150, which is still a ways off.

12V adapter for it shouldn't be too hard, just need to find a compatible connector.

LEDrock

Enlightened
The minimag pro is what has me interested right now. 200 lumens in a light like my current minimag (which has a nite-ize module in it for about 20 lumens) and for $30! I don't know of any light out there right now that can do that. Is there one? If there is, I'd like to know (for that price).

The ones that are that bright are multi-level and have a price tag of $60 or more from what I've seen. The Pro could set a new standard, assuming they don't do something to it before it's released to mess it up. Seems like Mag Instrument does that alot.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MM Pro is interesting as a marketing departure for Mag. I think for decent performance, it will need to rely on lithium or nimh cells. Otherwise, it will be like the existing MM multimode but with an available, very short duration Max output due to alkaline limits. I'm also interested in how heat management will be handled, as the MM isn't too massive.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found out the reason behind the latest delay...the ML100 is getting the Cree LED (likely XP-E) as well. I would expect the ML100 to be ~130 lumens, similar to the D-cell models, and it looks like the entire Maglite LED line is moving to that LED.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm excited about the upcoming ML100.

Really good looking light with sleek, classic lines IMO.

Love that it has a side switch.

Love the 2 inch diam head, because that bigger head will put out 16,000+ cd for some very decent throw.

Outputs of 100+ lumens and 30 lumens are fine for my intended use, mainly night walking, and the runtime is quite decent for 2C alkalines.

Can't wait to get one of these lights!

uh60james

Newly Enlightened
Any new info on the ML100,125,150? All of the lowes in my area are showing magchargers out of stock, was wondering if that means the ML150 was coming. Not much info on these lights at all.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights were about to start shipping last month, but they decided to change the UI again. Hopefully there will be better momentary operation (the current UI has a function set that includes a single click for momentary, so to turn the light on, you need to click twice)...

j3bnl

Enlightened
Any further news on the release date for the minimag pro Robin?
My XL200 is feeling lonely and needs some company.
Will the lens be the same size as the current one ala the xl lights?

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok ok, guys...I will check with them again on Monday and report back. ;)

The Mini Maglite Pro will be the same size as the Mini Maglite 2AA, so yes, same size window.

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened
OMG, these still havent been released yet??? I hope mag steps up with the efficiency of XM-L and redesigns the non-existant heat sink in its new offerings instead of the pathetic rubbish they've sold in the past few years. They do make for a great mod host but no joy in stock form.

j3bnl

Enlightened
Ok ok, guys...I will check with them again on Monday and report back. ;)

The Mini Maglite Pro will be the same size as the Mini Maglite 2AA, so yes, same size window.

Look forward to hearing if there is a firm release date for this.
Thats good news on the lens being the same size, I have a spare UCL after I ordered 2 for the XL200.

j3bnl

Enlightened
These are overpriced how much lumens does these produce?

Why do some post people such rubbish?
How can you say they are over priced when they haven't even been released yet and the RRP isn't confirmed.
Suggest you refrain from such pointless posts as it does you no credit.

Anyway any further word from Mag, Robin on these and the Mini pros release date.
Oh perhaps you could say for the people just here to flame and not read the whole thread what the expected lumen output is.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't forgotten...will be getting some more concrete information tomorrow, but what I have right now is that the Mini Maglite Pro is still on schedule for September and will be 200+ lumens.